Spooky Month: A Time to Do Spooky Things

"Do we have to go to a haunted house?" Jace asked Clary, his grip on her hand tightening. 

Cecily laughed, "Don't tell me the great Jace Herondale is afraid of a haunted house?" 

Clary smiled, hiding her laughter, "He is, Jace is just a baby in that way-"

"It's a realistic fear!" Jace interrupted, "Last time I went into a haunted house I got attacked by real demons! How are you supposed to know if the things that pop out are real or not?"

"Don't worry babe." Clary stood up taller...well as tall as she could..."I'll protect you." 

"Well in that case...no." Jace kissed her on the cheek. "How about you and Cecily go in by yourselves." 

Cecily shrugged, "C'mon Clary let's go."

"Bye Jace see you later....if we make it out." Clary added as they entered with a group of mundanes. 

Jace stood outside the house, arms crossed. He looked as if he were guarding the entrance to the gates of hell. He heard a scream, which he tried to dismiss, but he couldn't. What if it was Clary getting murdered? Or Cecily? What if they were being attacked by demons? He gave up all his premonitions and raced inside, drawing his seraph blade as he did so. He glamoured himself so he couldn't be seen by the mundanes in case something did occur, but that didn't stop him from getting scared from everything in that house. He made it to the center of the house and stopped. There were several different ways to go, but which. He lowered his blade and deglamorized. He accepted the feeling that he was lost. He took a step back from the path where a noise came from, the hairs on the back of his neck were standing up. He felt hands on his back and unleashed the loudest scream ever. 

"TOUCH ME NOT FOUL DEMON!!!" He screeched as he turned around to face whoever grabbed at him. He turned to see Clary and Cecily laughed like crazy. "Did you guys really? I thought you guys were in danger so I came inside-"

"Do what?" Clary stopped laughing, "We didn't scare you Jace if that's what you're asking." 

"Come on Clary don't mess with me like this." Jace said to her. 

"No Jace we didn't actually do anything." Clary reached for her seraph blade as Cecily said that. 

"Then who-" Jace began but was cut off by a low voice that seemed to come from everywhere.

"Puny Shadowhunters. You have stumbled into my realm, now prepare yourselves for you all shall be dead before sunrise." Jace stepped back from where the voice was coming from, but then he realized the voice was coming from everywhere. 

Jace's voice became small, "Can we leave please? Like now?" He begged Clary and Cecily, both of their faces had become filled with fear. 

The girls nodded in sync, "Yes let's get out of here." Clary quickly said before grabbing Jace's hand. The three raced out, not stopping once or looking back at all. The minute they were out, Izzy jumped at them, causing all three to scream. Jace fell to the floor and began to rock himself back and forth. 

Alec and Magnus walked out of the haunted house, holding hands and laughing. "Oh we so got you!" Alec exclaimed, laughing so hard he was crying.

"I hate you all." Jace said from where he was on the ground. 

"It's spooky month Jace!" Magnus exclaimed, "It's a time to do spooky things! What were we supposed to do? Sit at home and do nothing to scare you? Here let me make it up to you. Back to my apartment everyone, we've got some spooky movies to watch!" And with that they portaled to Magnus's apartment, where Halloween themed treats and scary movies awaited them.