Christmas

A/N: Woah! Pre-chapter authors note. That's not obnoxious at all *rolls eyes at self* any ways this isn't technically a chapter. In case you guys couldn't tell by the title. But since it's Christmas I thought it'd be nice to take a quick break from the usual story and do a mini Christmas chapter. I won't force you to read this. I just thought it'd be fun to try out. So here it is: (Also this is going to be in third person POV)

Cecily wanders out of her room. The house smells like a Christmas tree farm. She walks out to see Magnus and Alec putting a tree up in the middle of their living room.

"What is this?" She asks as she steps out into the living room.

"A Christmas tree." Magnus proclaims excitedly. "Glad your awake, now we can start decorating it."

"In the London Institute, they always throw the largest Christmas parties ever." Alec begins to share with us, "they stopped for some reason." He shrugs.

"I haven't celebrated Christmas in years." I comment as I join them around the tree.

"Decorating can be such a bother." Magnus mutters, ignoring the comments. He snaps his fingers and the decorations go onto the tree perfectly and the now empty boxes fly back into storage. "Perfect." He smiles and claps his hands together, satisfied.

"Wow." Alec sounds amazed. "This is great Magnus."

"Not as great as you are." Magnus goes up on his toes and kisses Alec's cheek.

"Get a room." Ceci wrinkles her nose. "So is today Christmas?"

"No." Magnus tells his daughter, "it's tomorrow. Later today we are going to a party at the Institute if you want to go."

"Sure." Cecily says with a smile. "Are you going to hang out with us until then Alec?"

"Yeah." Alec shrugs, which basically is a yes. "Clary and Izzy kicked Jace and me out of the Institute so we could decorate. Jace went off to do something, but I was already planning to come here anyway."

"So what do you guys want to do until the party?" Magnus asks the two Shadowhunters. "I do need a holiday outfit...."

"Sure." Alec smiles.

"Alright let's go wander the streets of New York!" Magnus announces.

The three wander around, Magnus finishes his Christmas shopping while Ceci and Alec follow him. Two hours later they go back to the apartment to get ready for the party. Cecily throws on a green and red dress. She braids her hair into on single braid, then slides on her black heels. When she leaves the room she finds Magnus messing with Alec's hair. Magnus is in a dark red suit with a festive, but tacky, green tie. Alec is dressed in a dark green button-up shirt with a dark red tie that is just as tacky as Magnus's. He is also wearing black dress pants. They are practically matching each other, in a polar opposite sort of way. Except for Magnus is decked head-to-toe in glitter. The only glittery part of Alec's outfit is his hair.

"You look great." Magnus beams proudly, happily stepping away from Alec.

"Thanks." Alec blushes.

"Ceci are you ready to-" Magnus begins, but he turns around and sees Ceci standing behind him. "Wow. Good job Ceci."

"Thanks." Cecily smiles. "You and Alec look great."

"Thanks." Alec smiles as he accepts the compliment, "You two Ceci."

"Thank you." Magnus responds moments after Alec. "Though I must admit your outfit is-missing something." He sneakily reaches into his bag of glitter and before Ceci realizes it, he throws a large amount of glitter at her. Cecily smiles mischievously, before grabbing a large amount of glitter and throwing it at Magnus. She misses and it hits Alec instead, covering him in almost as much glitter as Alec. A full on glitter fight breaks out, ending when Alec and Cecily team up and dump the bag of glitter onto Magnus, who then yields.