Thanksgiving

"Izzy you are my sister, whom I love and trust from the bottom of my heart with many things. Just not your cooking. Stay out of my kitchen." Alec says to his sister as I entered the room.

"My cooking is not that- it's better than it used to be." Izzy protests, crossing her arms.

"Izzy I have to agree with Alec here about your cooking." Magnus puts his arms on her shoulders. "It is quite terrible. Any other day and I'd let you cook, but this is a holiday. A holiday that is literally centered around eating."

"Other people don't just eat on Thanksgiving Magnus." Alec comments casually.

"Yes they do. Who wouldn't take the opportunity to binge eat as much food as they want?" Magnus jokingly retorts.

"How old were you when the pilgrims first came to America Dad?" I insert into the conversation, alerting them of my presence.

"Let's see I was born sometime in the 1600s, the pilgrims came in 1620..." He trailed off, "I dunno, maybe 20 at the latest." He shrugs, "I didn't really care about much back then... Current events are such a bore. Who even is the President of the US these days? It's that Donald guy right? I don't really care much for the mundane world, but it can't hurt to know. Which Elizabeth is ruling England?"

"The second." Izzy chimes in. "Queen Elizabeth the Second. The most bada-"

"Isn't she like 90 years old?" I ask, sitting next to Izzy on the edge of the counter.

"Something like that." Izzy shrugs, "Like Magnus I don't care much for mundane politics."

"Who does?" Alec jokes, "I doubt the mundanes do either." He glances around the kitchen, where food is scattered everywhere, "Are we going to start cooking soon Mags or what?"

"Yes, excuse me girls we've got some cooking to do." Magnus scoots us off the counter and towards the doorway.

"What a reverse of stereotypes." I mutter as we are shooed from the room.

"Fine, we'll just go find Clary and Simon and do something fun." Izzy calls as she drags me out of the apartment.

We get to the Institute and go inside to meet Clary and Simon who are training in the training room. Izzy rants to Clary about how Alec and Magnus won't let her help with dinner, while Simon and I sit in some chairs and talk about the Star Wars movie, The Last Jedi, which is coming out next month.

"It better not be a let down." Simon comments in the middle of our discussion, "If it is I swear-"

"You are not killing a movie company." I retort, "It won't be a let down, just because you are a Shadowhunter now doesn't mean you can go threaten everything Simon Lovelace." I use his new last name to make a point.

"Did you hear what Luke said at the end of the trailer?" Simon asks me, as if I hadn't, "'It's time for the Jedi to end' what do you think he means by that?"

"Well I think he's gonna make a grey Jedi. Y'know he'll finally bring balance to the force or something," I offer as an answer, "'cause that's what Anakin was supposed to do, but it didn't really work out for him...."

"I think that's one of the best ideas about that I've heard." Simon responds.

"C'mon you Star nerds." Izzy calls, heading out of the room, which I hadn't even noticed. "We're going to do something fun."

We spend the rest of the day doing random activities until Alec texts Izzy and tells her they're ready for us to come back to the apartment. We all get there and sit down around our big dinner table, food set out in front of us.

"Please don't tell me we are going to do that stupid cliche thing where we all go around the table and say what we are thankful for." Izzy complains, rolling her eyes at the very thought.

"Well I'll say something I'm thankful for." I reply, "I'm thankful for the fact that we live in New York and I can go watch musicals on Broadway anytime I want." I stop, "and family!" I quickly chime in.

"That was a pretty good thing to be thankful for." Simon nods in agreement, "I mean who doesn't love watching Hamilton or Dear Evan Hansen live instead of just hearing the soundtracks?"

"I'll go next." Magnus offers, "in thankful for family and for Alec."

Jace gasps, "not me?"

"I'm pretty sure you count in the family department Jace." Alec offers, "my turn I guess." He sighs, "I'm thankful for Magnus and family and archery. Your move Jace."

"I'm thankful for...." he looks around, "not to be clichè but all this. Family, friends, Clary, good food. That's all."

"I'm thankful for everyone here of course," Clary begins, "I'm thankful I can draw, that I live in New York where Broadway is. That I'm a part of the Shadowworld and I think that's about it."

"I'm thankful a new Star Wars is coming out in a month." Simon begins, Izzy glares at him so he quickly continues. "And for Izzy, and my parabatai, and that I got my memories back. And all of you guys." Izzy smiles then rolls her eyes when she realizes it's her turn. 

"I'm thankful for all of you guys." Izzy plainly says, "for Simon, Clary, Jace, Magnus, Cecily and of course Alec."

"Well now that that's over." Magnus claps his hands together, "let's eat!"

A/N: Sorry it's been so long. I just got done being in my school musical Singing in the Rain which was a bunch of fun. But it kept me really busy with no time for writing. I can hopefully update more often now that it's over. Until next time!