Chapter 34

After Jude shares the location of Cassia with me, I leave him in the room-still locking the door- and go out to share what I've learned with everyone else. 

"You went in and talked to him alone?!" Jace exclaims after hearing what I've done, "What are you stupid?"

"Me? Stupid? Never." I sarcastically reply, "I'm just very vapid, simple-minded if vapid isn't in your vocabulary."

"Don't call Cecily stupid Jace." Dad opposes, "unless you would like to wake up turned into a duck."

"You wouldn't dare." Jace sucks in a loud gasp.

"I would." Dad smirks, "besides I was the one who gave her permission to talk to him on her own. I believed she would be able to get through to him better than any of us, and look I was right." 

"So what did you learn Miss I-ignore-danger-and-don't-care-what-anyone-thinks?" Jace questions.

"Oh come on, that totally sounds like you." I hear Izzy sarcastically mutter under her breath, but Jace doesn't seem to notice.

"Well he gave me her location-willingly." I say with ease, "something that would've taken you much longer than fifteen minutes."

"And how did you do that?" Clary asks.

"By having a heart to heart conversation." I inform them.

"You ripped out his heart?!" Jace says, his voice filled with hope. 

"You ripped out his heart?!" Alec says at the same time, the only difference is his voice is filled with shock. "If the Clave found out-"

"You know how hard it is to get blood out of carpets?" Izzy complains, seconds after her brother says this, "especially werewolf blood. It takes hours."

"If you guys would actually let me talk I could explain!" I interrupt irritatingly, everyone falls silent. "Thank you. All we did was talk about our parents, and how similar our childhood are. Then he just decided to give it up to me."

"Okay so that simplifies things." Dad comments, "Now we just have to hand them over to the Clave-"

"Not Jude." I oppose, everyone stops and glares at me. "He hasn't done anything wrong."

"He was making plans to kill Luke!" Clary argues.

"That's typical pack business." I argue back, "that is how pack life works, you can't blame him for that. And other than that he has done nothing wrong. He made me promise him safety before he gave up the location. It would be lying if I didn't hold up my end of the deal, and that is wrong."

"Fine. But the vampire goes."Jace argues.

"No argument here." I reply, "Jude told me she where  she goes whenever she wants to get away. Its called the Angels Share- a hidden bar- and she lives underneath it. The location is over in the East Village." I quickly type it in on the computer table, seconds later it comes up. I hold down and flick it up, it flies onto the surrounding screens. Shall we go?" By this point in the day the sun has begun to set. 

"Maybe it would be best to wait until tomorrow." Clary suggests, "have two people check it out tonight, make a plan, then we can act tomorrow morning."

"Why wait?" Magnus asks, "the longer we wait the more time she has to catch on that her friends have been captured, and probably will assume they have given her up one way or another."

"Fine." Clary gives in.

Alec stands up taller, "Okay but remember all that really matters is getting the contract." He reminds us, a fact I have actually forgotten, I've been so focused on catching Cassia I've forgotten what really matters. 

"Which Cassia will most likely have on her." I comment. "But wasn't it also part of the plan to drain them of their blood, and their Daylighter abilities?"

"We can do that." Izzy nods, "after we capture both of them." We stand silently for a couple of seconds. "Lets go."

A/N: Hey guys, I wasn't going to add an authors note at the end of this part. That was before I saw how many reads this story has. 1.3K reads? Thank you so much guys! I don't know how to describe how happy that makes me. I am so thrilled that people like and read this story. I hope you all know that I think you guys are all fabtabulously amazing. See ya'll tomorrow!