Chapter 36

"Ceci wake up." I hear someone say as my eyes flutter open.

"I was just taking a nap." I comment, sitting up. How is it that I feel even more tired.

"We finished in the Sanctuary and when we came to get you, you were asleep." Clary begins to explain.

"Well that is what people do when they are tired." I sleepily mutter.

"But when we tried to shake you awake your skin was burning." Clary continues, ignoring my sarcastic comment. "You have a fever. I tried to draw an iratze, hoping mine would work better and faster then anyone else's... but it just immediately faded with no sign of it helping you in any way."

"Yeah they've been doing that lately." I comment casually. "My head hurts like-"

"Wait so this isn't the first time the runes didn't work on your skin?" Clary asks, interrupting me.

"No it isn't." I begin to explain, "When we brought Cassia back, my head started hurting. When you guys left to go rejoin the others I came in here to find a rune to help my headache. None of them were working so I decided to take a nap." I look around and see the Gray Book is still in front of me. I am in the library and now my neck is stiff. "Don't you guys have to go bring Cassia and Amara to Alicante?"

"Yeah but first-"

"No buts." I argue, "Tell my Dad to go with you guys. I can stay with the Institute until you get back. It shouldn't even take you guys that long. Then we can deal with this rune issue okay?"

"Fine." Clary crosses her arms, then leaves the room. Five minutes later my Dad walks in and gives me a speech about being safe. I promise to do so. Then I weakly stand-I do my best to hide it- and watch them drag the two unconscious girls through the portal with them to Alicante. The portal closes, and I collapse onto the nearest chair.

"Maybe I'll just sleep until they get back..." My stomach grumbles, I find myself wandering into the kitchen. I check all of the cupboards until I find the food I am looking for. Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. I pour it into a pot, then place it onto the stove. When it is done I pour it into a bowl, then eat it. It is only twelve pm, but I am tired, so I decide to sleep.

When I wake up, I don't feel any better. I wander around the Institute, slumped against the wall the whole time, until I find a room with a tv. I sit. The couches aren't as pretty or aesthetic as those at home, but they are really comfortable, which makes up for it. I grab the blanket hanging over the back of the couch and cuddle up underneath it. I turn on the tv, but hours later I find myself slowly drifting back off into sleep.

A/N: Sorry for such a short and boring part. I am also sorry I won't be posting until next year. I know, first a short chapter, and now this: not posting until next year, how horrible am I? But I know it'll be okay because tomorrow is next year. I love making those jokes. Happy New Years Eve guys! See y'all next year okay? I hope you all will have an amazing 2017