Chapter 4

<Cecily's Point of View>

We stand in front of an old fashioned looking church. Clary rips her hand from my hand. She turns and looks at me, her face still super nervous and full of worry.

"What are we doing here?" Clary accusingly asks me, "I thought we were going to save Simon?"

"First off how old are you?" I ask, she sighs exasperatedly.

"16." Clary blatantly tells me. "Why does this matter!"

"Shouldn't you be trained by now? Or at least know this simple fact?" I ask her, she sighs.

"What are you talking about?" She asks me, "who are you?"

"Calm down." I put my hands on her shoulders, "inside any church underneath a certain tile, is a weapons cache. We can't just go into the hotel unarmed okay?" I lead her into the church, then look for the tile. I quickly find it, so I kneel down, then hold my hand up. "Can I have your stele?"

"How'd you know-"

"Now isn't really the time for questions." I tell her, "your stele please." She reaches into her back pocket, then hands me here stele. I place it on the tile, then realize my hand is shaking. I've never used one of these before, I haven't even gotten my first rune. I steady my hand, thinking about the good times I've had these past few months with Magnus. I slowly draw the rune, then the tile slides away. "What do you fight with?"

"Do you even know how any of these weapons work?" She asks me, kneeling next to me, I shake my head.

"Haven't got a clue." I honestly tell her, "in case you couldn't tell, I don't even have my first rune yet."

"So your a-" I slowly nod my head.

"But this has to stay between us." I tell her, she nods. "Here." I hand her a sword, then a witchlight.

"But you don't live in the Institute where have you been staying?" Clary keeps bombarding me with questions. She grabs a small dagger and a sheath.

"That is a secret." I grab a bow, a quiver of arrows, a witchlight, a stele, and a dagger with a ankle sheath. I only know how to use the bow, but I'm sure it can't be too hard to use a dagger can it? "Come on we better go find him." I put the tile back into place, then stand back up. Clary stands up, and together we walk out of the church. I glance down the street and can already see where Hotel Dumort is. "You see that?" I point at the hotel, "that is where your friend is."

"Thank you." Clary says, "for helping me."

"Your welcome." I tell her, walking towards the hotel.

Five minutes later we arrive outside to hotel. Clary looks frightened, not that I'm not scared out of my mind or anything. I just do a better job hiding it. I take a deep breath, at the same time Clary does, then grab the door knob.

"Here goes nothing." I quietly whisper, turning the handle and pulling open the door.

"Wait." Clary whispers, reaching out and grabbing my arm, her cold hand shocks me, so I pull it off the doorknob. I hear her phone ring, she quickly pulls it out and answers it.

"Who is-" I begin to ask, but she holds a finger up to silence me.

"Hey Jace." She says over the phone, "where am I?" She stalls for a minute, "with a friend." More silence, "no it's not Simon I have other friends you know, we just happen to be going to meet Simon right now." Clary silently stands there, I wonder who Jace is but decide not to ask. "No you cannot come- Jace I said no!" She crosses her arms angrily, "good luck finding me." She hangs up the phone, "sorry, lets go save Simon." I step into the dark hotel, a shiver runs down my spine. "You haven't been in here either have you?" I nervously shake my head.

"The person in staying with has been teaching me about the shadow world though." I inform her, "when he was telling me about this I was scared by it.... but I never thought it'd be this bad." I reluctantly hold up my witchlight, "come on we can get through this together."