Chapter 15

I look at the sword, which has fallen to the ground beside me. It didn't take my life, but it still knew somehow the interrogation was over. I feel weaker then I was before this started, yet also like some big weight has been taken off my shoulders.

"Can I please go home now?" I ask her, both annoyed and tired.

"Why would you want to leave?" She asks me.

"I've already told you." I vaguely answer, "I have no interest in any of this."

"You don't even want to try a day here?" Imogene asks me.

"Really?" I ask her, "a minute ago you were interrogating me with some stupid death sword that kills liars. Now your asking me if I want to stay in a place which I already wasn't interested in staying at?"

"Yes." She responds, "but it wasn't exactly a question."

"Your forcing me to stay here against my will?" I ask her.

"Yes." She tells me, "I must be getting back to Idris now. But I'm sure the others will show you around." She walks out the door, leaving me alone in the library. A minute or two later Clary reappears and reenters the library.

"How'd it go?" She asks me, sitting down in seat across from me.

"Depends on what your definition of good is." I explain, "I am very ticked off now thanks to her."

"Whys that?"

"She's making me stay here for a day." I explain, sighing and sounding extremely annoyed. "But I have to get back today! He's so gonna flip."

"I'm sure he'll understand." Clary tells me, trying to calm me back down. "It's just one day."

"Fine I'll stay. But it'll be grudgingly." I inform her.

"C'mon I'll introduce you to everyone." She offers, but my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and see the caller ID: Dad.

"Hold on I have to take this." I step away from her and deeper into the library. "Hello."

"Hey Ceci it's me, it's safe for you to come home now." Dad tells me.

"Yeah, about that..." I don't feel like explaining this whole situation to him, "Clary!" She runs over to me, I shove the phone into her hand.

"Um hi Magnus it's Clary..." she walks away and slowly begins to explain what happened. Two minutes later she comes back and hands me my phone. "Your welcome."

"Thank you." I smile, "what'd he say?"

"He understands and that it's not your fault." Clary informs me, "oh and also that he'll see you later." She takes my hand and practically drags me out of the library. She leads me into a big room filled with weapons and training gear. This must be where they train for battles and killing demons. Jace, Izzy and Alec, who had been training stop and stare at us. Clary lets go of my hand, "guys this is Ceci."

"Hi." I give a slight wave, feeling only a little less annoyed with the situation. I glare at Jace, "you took my stele."

"So?" He asks, faking innocence.

"So?" I mockingly say back, "I want it back. Now." He reluctantly steps forward and places my stele back in my hand. "Thank you."

"Hello Ceci." Izzy steps forward, "I'm Izzy. Alec's sister."

"Nice to meet you." I say, but that is only half true, maybe if the circumstances were different.

"So we've been told you've been surviving on your own for 8 years." Izzy states, "is this true?"

"Mostly." I answer, "I mean I haven't had the training you guys have all had. And by that I mean no training at all. But for the past half year I have been getting help from someone."

"Who?" Alec pushes, stepping in line with his sister and Jace.

"That." I pause, "is none of your business."

"There's only one person I know who helps Shadowhunters." Alec comments, "willingly at least."

"Really?" Jace asks him, Alec nods.

"Well I mean he helps me out a lot." Alec answers, "I'm not sure if he helps anyone else out as much."

"Who's that?" I ask him, getting involved in the conversation. I mean I had been in it before, just not as much.

"Oh." Alec sounds sadder then before, "I figured you've met him. I do remember seeing you at his party a little bit ago. In case you just showed up for fun, if you even had to show up anywhere at all that is, his name is Magnus Bane."