Chapter 19

(Dream)

I wake up in the middle of a beautiful green field. I look out to see where I am and I see a row of giant pillars. They extend to the sky, and in between them is a practically invisible force field. I walk to it and reach it in no time.

"Where am I?" I ask aloud to no one in particular. I hear a noise and see a demon of some kind chasing me. I run for the city as fast as I can, hoping I'll be able to get through the force field. I brace myself for impact and close my eyes when I get near. But I don't hit it. I open my eyes. The city surrounds me.

I turn and see the demon trapped on the other side of the force field thing. I leave it behind and begin to explore the big city. I walk through the crowded streets then head up stairs to a large building towards the center of the city. There is an Institute like building, which I decide to enter, realizing no one can hear me or see me. I'm practically invisible.

Once I'm inside I see a room full of seats that make it seem like a court. I see Mrs. Herondale and a different man standing in the middle of this room. The man is Nephilim, I can tell by the runes on his arms and upper neck.

"Valentine cannot be back." He says in a panicky voice.

"He is." Imogene tells her friend. "And with all of hear rouge Shadowhunters popping up all over the place."

"Imogene." He sternly says, "I thought you interrogated that rouge New York one."

"That doesn't mean I trust her."

"Well what do you propose we do?" He asks her.

"I'm not sure." She answers, "we can't just drag her to Idris and lock her up somewhere." So that's where I am, Idris. The golden city of the Nephilim.

"It's a shame Magnus couldn't find her isn't it?" He asks her.

"We didn't need that warlocks help to find her." She rudely tells him, "Jace and Alec found her just standing outside the Institute. It seemed almost as if she wanted to be caught."

"You say that like she is some dangerous wanted criminal." He says.

"Who's to say she isn't Walter." Imogene says to him.

"Then do tell." Walter begins, "why on earth did you let her leave?"

"I- I don't know." She sighs, "maybe we should just lock her in the Institute."

"Like we did with Hodge?" Walter asks accusingly, "cursing her to never see the sun again? Or smell fresh air? Imogene she is not some hardened criminal or Circle member."

"I know I know." She sighs for what seems like the hundredth time. "I just can't let it happen again."

"Valentine will never rise to power over the Shadowworld as long as we are alive." Walter reassures her, "as long as there are people out there willing to fight he will not win."

"No one knows he's alive right?" Imogene asks, worry spread across her face.

"Only one person said they saw him in person correct?" Walter asks her.

She nods, "it was Miss Jones." She confirms, I take a step back, almost hitting a stone bust.

"Then we must politely stop Miss Jones before she chooses to spread word of this to others."