Chapter 27

Alec disappears down the corridor and comes back seconds later with Dad. He instantly races to me, which I respond with a hug. I pull away seconds after we start hugging.

"Dad I'm fine." I step away from him right before I begin fall slowly, luckily he catches me before I hit the floor.

"No you aren't." He retorts, helping me stand back up. "Did you guys put an iratze on her?"

"Yeah, we did." Izzy informs him walking down the hallway to join us, "not like that could do much to help with a vampire bite."

"A what?!" Dad exclaims, "you got bit Ceci!"

"Alec!" I exclaim, "I figured you would tell him on the phone so I wouldn't have to!"

"All I said was 'hey Magnus, Ceci got attacked. She fine but she's being stubborn and won't tell us who did it.'" Alec informs him, shrugging casually.

"Tell them who did it Cecily." Dad commands me.

I shrug angrily, "I can't! Okay?" I inform them, "even if I wanted to you guys couldn't do anything about it! The minute I signed that agreement they were free to do it."

"Cecily Jones-or Bane or whatever you want your last name to be- you did what?!" Dad half-yells at me. "You don't just give vampires permission to drink your blood!"

"Well I had to okay?!" I cross my arms angrily, "they threatened you and I knew they wouldn't kill me that way. Besides after they drank my blood they just let me go."

"Then why won't you tell us who did it?" Dad asks me, starting to slowly calm down. "Ceci tell us and we can still arrest them for something."

"You don't get it to you?!" I exclaim, "I literally cannot say their names!"

"What do you mean? How can you not say their names?" Jace asks, joining the conversation.

"When I woke up, there was a note sitting on the table in front of me." I begin to explain, "which said something about it saying somewhere in the document that by signing it I also vowed to not say who did it. Something like that, I only scanned the note before running out of there."

"Was it that girl you were hanging out with the other night?" Dad asks me, catching on, I nod. "What was her name?"

"It wasn't just her she had two friends with her." I inform him, "rogue werewolf and another vamp. You might want to check with Raphael and Luke."

"Why? It's not like Raphael will be helpful." Jace comments.

"Because he might know the vampires." I inform him, "and they want to take over Hotel Dumort. And-and the werewolf wants to take over the New York Wolf Pack."

"Okay we are going to have to split up." Alec informs everyone, "Jace, Clary and I will go to the wolf pack. Izzy and Magnus, you two will go to Raphael okay?"

"What about me?" I ask, standing up taller.

"You are going to stay here Ceci." Dad tells me, "you almost died."

"No I didn't." I inform him stubbornly. "If you don't let me come with you guys, I will just sneak out on my own, and that'd be bad."

"Fine." Dad crosses his arms, "you can come with Izzy and myself." I smile happily, knowing I got my way.

"Can we stop by the weapons room?" I ask, "I kind of lost my stele."

"Fine." He crosses his arms, "two minutes." I smile and head for the weapons room. The world seems to be spinning the whole way there, like I'm dehydrated, but I keep going. I get in there, grab a dagger and a stele, then leave to meet Izzy and Dad.

A/N: Sorry it's a little bit shorter today. Also: I meant to update a hour and a half ago but then I made waffles and then I ate said waffles...I'll try to not take so long in between updating!