Piano Lessons

I sat down at the piano, pages filled with sheet music spread in front of me. I glared at the kitchen, where Jace is stalling with Alec and my Dad. Minutes later he emerges with two drinks in wine glasses. I get excited until he sets one down in front of me and breaks terrible news.

"It's only sparkling cider." Jace sadly tells me.

"Dang." I mutter, "You couldn't even sneak me a wine?"

"Magnus wouldn't go for it." Jace shrugs, "I doubt you'd like it any way." He glances back and forth between the kitchen and here. "Try a sip." I grab his drink and quickly sip it. My face twists in disgust.

"I am very glad I am underage and can have an excuse for not wanting to drink this." I inform him.

"Okay," He sips his wine. "ready to learn how to play the pianoforte?"

"Yeah, we should probably hurry though."

"Why is that?" Jace asks.

"Simon is coming over in 2 hours to teach me guitar."

"First, why him? He's obnoxious," Jace comments, "And two, why the sudden interest in instruments?"

"First, he's not that obnoxious," Jace rolls his eyes at this. "and second, I've been getting really bored lately. Can we start?"

"Okay put your fingers on these notes." He begins.

A hour and a half later, I have learned how to play almost all of the notes on the piano. It's roughly 1:30 in the afternoon when we stop. Jace and I leave the stuffy apartment to walk down the street for sandwiches. We reach the sandwich shop and quickly order two sandwiches. We eat them on the way back to the apartment, barely talking and mainly focusing on eating our food. Jace and I reach the loft and find Simon, Alec and Magnus talking in the living room.

"You didn't bring me any food?" Alec asks, pretending to be saddened by this.

"You never asked." Jace retorts, joking with his parabatai.

"I figured you'd assume I wanted one." Alec sounds hurt, but we all know he doesn't mean it.

"Is this really a big deal?" Jace asks, taking another bite of his sandwich.

"Of course it is!" Alec exclaims, "What's that thing the kids these days say? 'Meet me outside how about that?'" I face palm, as Simon, Magnus and Jace all collectively cringe.

"Alec you're 18 that means you are still a teen." Simon breaks the news to him.

"Come on babe, let's go to lunch together. We don't need these haters." Magnus takes Alec by the arm and drags him from the loft.

"It's 'cash me ousside how bout that' by the way Alec!" Jace calls after the couple.

"Do all parabatai argue this much?" Simon asks, looking at his own parabatai rune.

"No, unless you're parabatai is a Herondale." I joke, "Oh boy." I shake my head, "I've been spending too much time with Tessa and Jem. Apparently Magnus, Tessa and Jem used to be super close friends. Along with this guy named Will, your like great-great-great-grandpa or something Jace, but he died sadly."

"Do you want to actually learn the guitar or did you just invite me here for a history lesson?" Simon jokes, eyeing his guitar which is in it's black case, covered in stickers, on the other side of the room.

"Of course I do." I finish my sandwich. "Bye Jace."

"Are you kicking me out?" Jace asks, sounding hurt.

"Yes." I shove his shoulder jokingly, "Now please get out of here-"

"Step aside Jace I'm about to teacher Cecily how to play the," Simon pauses for effect. "better instrument." I stifle a laugh as Jace walks out of the loft. Seconds after he leaves both Simon and I break out in laughter. "Ready?"

"Ready when you are."

A/N: Sorry I've been really busy guys. Two weeks from now I'm going to be in my school's musical (Singin in the rain) after that I should have loads of free time to write! Until later!