Chapter 30

I stand in the alleyway nervously, to anxious to even check my phone to see if she's replied. It is cold enough for me to see my breath, typical New York weather. The sun is setting, which sends orange, pink clouds rippling off the sky. Normally I would love to see the sunset. That was before I knew about the Shadowworld and the dangers it held. Now, sunsets make me nervous. I check my bag for the potion for the hundredth time since I arrived here. Maybe they won't come-

"Shocked to see you again Ceci." I turn and see Cassia emerge from the shadows.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask her, nervously.

"Coming." She raises an eyebrow, "after they make sure this isn't a trap."

"It's not." I inform her, "no one even knows I'm here. They are all still clueless about who you guys are."

"Good thing you signed that contract." She gives a wicked smile. Amara and Jude stroll down the alleyway and join Cassia by her side.

"Hey Ceci." Jude casually says with a smile as if nothing has ever happened between the two of us.

"So?" Amara asks impatiently, "do you have what we need?"

"Yeah." I quickly reach into my bag.

"What do we need exactly?" Cassia asks annoyedly.

"This." I hand them both a vial of the potion. "Just drink it."

"That's it?" Amara asks, inspecting the vial carefully. She opens hers and lets a drop spill on the pavement. The sun has set by now and I can still see my breath. The ground sizzles where the drop of potion. I cringe. "Oh yes. This is exactly what we needed." She drops the vial, which shatters and sizzles on the floor. "If we wished for death, or something." She shrugs as Cassia throws her vial onto the pavement. Now there are two matching piles of glass on top of the sickly green liquid. I back away nervously.

"I guess I messed up when I was making this." I shrug, in an attempt to make it seem like no big deal. "I was never even a good cook. I understand why potion-making might not be my thing either-"

"Shut up." Cassia requests, "Please."

"We should get out of here." Jude suggests, "her friends might be looking for her at this point."

"Agreed." Amara steps back anxiously.

"We need the potion." Cassia persists, "If we loose our Daylighting powers- it'll mess up the whole plan."

"But if we wait any longer something could happen to us." Amara reasons with her friend. "And for the plan to succeed you kind of have to still be alive."

"Find." Cassia gives in, "just know that our contract is still standing. I'll assume you've learned what happens when you do try to mess with the contract?"

"Yeah I have." I inform her, "I get lightheaded, my throat gets dry and voice goes away. It only comes back when I stop trying to say your names."

"Good." Cassia smirks, "I had hoped it would work. I hadn't gotten a chance to try it out before. The binding contract was something completely new for me."

"Come on Cassia lets get out of here." Jude cautiously tells her.

Amara grabs Jude's arm and the three of them speed away. I run out of the alleyway. I look down the street, but due to the darkness all I see are the dim streetlights that line the streets. From the front of the club I head home, hoping to beat my Dad there. Hopefully if I do, I can lie and say I've been there the whole time.

A/N: So it's Christmas Eve today, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas/Christmas Eves. Sorry for the short chapter. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Merry Christmas!