one.

"Old? Like, how old?"

"Uh, about twenty nine? Thirty at oldest, I'd say."

"Holy shit! That's over ten years older than us!"

Rolling my eyes, I turned to gaze at my two best friends, Arizona and Caroline, while murmuring quietly. "Probably married too, ladies."

"Roll your eyes now, Jules, but as soon as you see him, you're gonna understand why we're freaking out." Arizona teased in a sing song voice, the heart-eyes look clear on her face.

"He's a teacher, Arizona, how hot could he be?" I shook my head at the brunette next to me, tapping my pencil against the desk in front of me.

"Uh, super hot! J, I'm not even kidding when I say that he looks like he could be the captain of our lacrosse team. He's that hot."

Ah, yes. East High's very own lacrosse team; the Cougars. Known for going undefeated all of last season, with hopes of keeping it up this season, and having nothing but good looking boys; especially the captain, Chase Gordon.

"Chase is decent looking, if anything, so comparing the new teacher to him really doesn't prove anything, Caroline." I tilted my head, blinking at her while humming softly.

"You've got to be kidding, Jules! Chase is like... a solid sixteen out of ten!" The blonde chirped, only for the brunette to nod her head quickly in agreement.

"God, no, he's honestly butt fuck ugly if you ask me." I glanced over to our teacher, Ms. Ale, as I spoke, to see if she had even noticed our little conversation. Thankfully, she hadn't.

"Well, the new teacher isn't. You're going to stop dead in your tracks when you see him, Julianna."

"Yeah, yeah. I have him next period. What's his name?"

As if I had spoken too soon, Ms. Ale's voice rang through the class as her eyes narrowed at the three of us.

"Ladies, if you didn't know, there is a lesson going on, since none of you have seemed to notice. Pay attention, please. Getting the reputation of chatterbugs on the first day back to school is no good!"

"Yes, ma'am,"

We all turned to face the board, where she continued to lecture, our cheeks pink from being called out in front of the class.

As I took notes on what happened after the Civil War, Arizona nudged my elbow gently with her own and leaned over to whisper to me.

"Mr. Mendes."

[]

"Do your reading, ladies and gentlemen! We will be starting class with a discussion over the chapter tomorrow! Have a nice rest of your first day back!"

Everyone took that as their cue to leave the class, scurrying out of the door like mice as the three of us hung around the back, waiting to leave.

"God, our last first day of school. Senior year and I'm really considering dropping out." Caroline murmured, shaking her head as we exited the building and stepped into the cool, gentle air Seattle had to offer.

"Hey, as soon as you turn eighteen, you can be a stripper!" Arizona nodded, patting Caroline's shoulder encouragingly.

"Yeah, plus, they make like, four thousand bucks a night, Car. You should go for it, your body's set for that pole." I added, nodding and flashing her a thumbs up.

It wasn't an exaggeration; Caroline was from South Africa, resulting in pale, yet tan skin that matched her blonde hair and dark eyes well. Her waist was small, but the small curve of her backside and chest accompanied her slim figure perfectly.