forty-five.

"God damn," Shawn gasped, falling onto the bed next to me before looking over at me. "I love you."

I can't help but laugh, pulling the blankets over our naked bodies before leaning over to gently kiss Shawn.

"I love you." I hum, a smile on my lips.

I shifted my body, cuddling up to him now as the ache between my thighs reminds me of how good the sex we just had was.

I glanced at the television, the only source of light in our dark hotel room, as Friends continued to play.

"Julianna?" Shawn's voice asks, breaking my attention away from the show.

"Yeah?" I reply, turning my head to look up at him.

"Did the chicken come first? Or the egg?"

Snorting softly, I reached for the bottle of water by the bed, taking a quick swig before responding.

"The egg, of course."

"Wouldn't the chicken have to have laid the egg, though?" Shawn asked, taking a drink after me.

"Nope. The egg could've come from two breeds of animals, therefore creating the chicken."

"But wouldn't-"

His defense statement was cut off by his phone ringing, and he kissed my head sweetly before getting out of the bed and walking towards the counter.

"Mendes," He answered, his tone serious.

I relaxed against the soft pillows, my eyes feeling heavy as I admired Shawn's fit, attractive body.

"Tomorrow morning?" Shawn asked, his tone tensing slightly, which made me raise a brow.

"Yeah, I can be there. I'm uh, out of town, visiting family, but I guess I can take a flight out right now."

I sat up, now intrigued as we made eye contact, and a pouty frown took over his features as he listened to the person on the other line.

"Of course, thanks, man. See you in the morning, then."

Shawn hung up, a distressed look on his face as I sat up, watching him begin to gather his clothes.

"That was Cameron, my lawyer," He sighed. "The court date with Vivien has suddenly been moved tomorrow. I'm gonna fly back out to Seattle in the next hour."

"Are there even flights out?" I frown, glancing at the clock, which read eight-twenty pm.

"John's got a private jet," Shawn answered, beginning to put his clothes back into his suitcase. "I'm gonna call him now; it'll be here soon."

I got out of bed, sliding my underwear on, along with Shawn's shirt, before beginning to help him pack with a nod.

"Why was the court date changed?" I asked, my brows furrowing in confusion.

"John wants the money back for the company as soon as possible."

Shawn paused, gently taking my hand before cupping my cheeks and placing a loving kiss to my lips.

"Stay here for tonight, if you'd like. I'll figure a way to get checked out in the morning. I'm sorry I've got to rush out like this."

"Don't apologize," I forced a smile, trying to ignore the unhappiness tugging at my chest. "I understand."

"I love you," He smiled sadly.

"And I love you, Shawn." I kissed him once more, before stepping back and beginning to pull my leggings on.