twenty-five.

"Julianna?" Shawn asked, his voice raspy and slightly shocked.

I could feel my cheeks burning as I suddenly felt self conscious since I wasn't wearing makeup. We had been so intimate at one point; why was I suddenly shy?

"Why are you here?" I spoke softly, my eyes still locked on his own.

"I figured I'd get away for the holiday. Go to a place where no one knows me." He shrugged, his pink lips curled in a small frown.

"Of course," I mumbled, shaking my head as the flight attendant came around.

"Excuse me, sir," She spoke, looking between Shawn and I. "We're preparing to take off. I'm gonna have to ask you to take your seat and buckle up."

"Yeah, sure thing." He nodded, moving towards the seat next to me.

"Ma'am? Is there anywhere he, or I, can switch seats? I get nervous during flights; I'd prefer to sit alone." I lied, smiling sweetly at the attendant.

"Sorry, miss, but I can't do that."

"The plane is practically empty." I frowned, glancing at the open seats around us.

"It's against our policy, I'm sorry, ma'am. Now, sir, please sit and fasten your seatbelt as we prepare for take off."

I rolled my eyes as she walked away, blowing air out between my lips as I mumbled quietly. "Bitch."

Shawn chuckled softly, sitting down before buckling his seatbelt and turning to glance at me.

"Please, just leave me alone the entire flight. And for the rest of my life." I muttered, sleepiness clearly causing my attitude to rise.

"I know you're not a morning person, so I'll let that slide." He mumbled, glancing past me and out the window as we began to pull out of the terminal.

I followed his gaze, watching as we began to pickup speed while going down the runway. The dark sky painted streaks of pink and orange as the sun began to rise.

Shawn's look was no longer on the sky; I could feel his eyes moving along my features, causing me to feel insecure since I had no makeup on, and I had pimples along my skin due to the stress of mid-terms.

"I'm going to sleep." I muttered, turning back to him as my eyes narrowed slightly. "If you need me... too bad."

He laughed softly, causing my heart to skip a beat before I pushed my headphones into my ears and relaxed against the soft seat.

It was like I had been asleep for hours when I felt Shawn's hand gently shaking me awake.

"Hm?" I muttered sleepily, pulling one headphone out of my ear before looking up at him.

"The attendant is coming around and asking about drinks and stuff." He spoke softly. "Wanted to see if you'd like anything."

"Oh," I mumbled, nodding my head as I stretched slightly while glancing at my phone. "Thank you."

"Of course." He nodded, a closed mouth smile on his features.

I had only been asleep for about thirty minutes, and I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep anymore, which meant I still had around five hours left of being next to Shawn.

When the flight attendant came around and asked for our food and drink orders, Shawn nodded before looking up at the attendant.

"I'll have a water and pretzels, please. She'll have a sprite and gummy bears. Thanks."

I watched as she walked away, towards the next aisle, and I wanted to be mad at Shawn for not even letting me speak, but instead, I was touched that he had remembered.