twenty.

chapter playlist:
bom bidi bom - nick jonas feat. nicki minaj
i put a spell on you - annie lennox
high for this - the weeknd
mine - beyonce feat. drake
some kind of drug - g eazy

-----

"You're sure he isn't going to be able to get in?" I asked, glancing up at Arizona as she added the finishing touches to my makeup.

"I promise, babe." She nodded, pumping the setting spray onto my face as she continued to speak. "We have security at each entrance. Names are on the guest list, and he's not on there. Jack made sure Chase knew he wasn't welcome."

"And you've got Shawn on there just in case, right?"

"Yes, he's under Steven, like you requested."

"I hope he comes," I mumbled, a pout of my red lips.

"Hey, you're gonna see him tomorrow, either way." Arizona hummed, trying to look on the brighter side. "What did you tell your parents and the girls, anyway?"

"I told them I was going to a spa resort thing. Having some me time and all that."

"Smart," She nodded, pulling back before grinning brightly. "All done. You look hot, babe."

She spun my chair around, and I was now facing the lighted vanity mirror before I grinned at my reflection.

Arizona had perfected the dark, sexy eye look, and my contour and highlight was better than I had ever seen on myself, or someone else. The dark red lipstick made my lips look a bit bigger, but it worked well, causing me to have a sly, sexy pout.

"Jesus," I mumbled, turning to look at her. "I'm glad you're going to school to be a makeup artist."

"Jules!" Caroline called, opening the door before her jaw dropped. "Holy hell, you look hot!"

I laughed, tilting my head in Arizona's direction as I spoke. "Thank the magician over here."

"There's already like, a hundred people here." Caroline motioned towards downstairs. "Are you ready to do your big arrival?"

"I think so," I nodded, stepping into my black heels while tugging the lace of my short dress down gently.

"Good, let's go."

I followed Caroline out, who stood me at the top of the stairs. I could see the party in full swing; everyone was dressed in either black or red with masks, and the house had lights set up to set the dark, sexy ambiance.

Caroline texted something to the deejay she had hired, before the music lowered dramatically, and the deejay's voice rang over the speakers.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I want you all to give it up for the birthday girl, Miss Julianna!"

Suddenly, a large spotlight was pressed on me, causing me to laugh softly and grin at everyone as the room erupted into a sound of cheers and claps.

I made my way down the stairs, waving at everyone I locked eyes with. Although everyone was wearing masks, I could still mostly recognize who each person was.

Once I approached the last step, Sasha handed me a microphone, making it clear it was time for me to give a small speech.

"Hi, thank you all for coming!" I giggled, glancing around the crowd as the music quietly played. "I hope you're all ready to have a kick ass time! Just make sure you get an uber home!"

Everyone laughed and I waved once more, a loud "happy birthday!" being yelled from the crowd before I switched the microphone off as the music began to play loudly again.