eleven.

"So it was okay, then?" Caroline's voice flowed into my room from speaker on my phone as I began to set out my outfit for tomorrow.

"Yeah. He wanted to try to fix things but I wasn't down for it." I answered, humming softly as I held up two shirts. "Car?"

"Hm?"

"Grey or pale pink top?"

"Pale pink. Light, good jeans to match, and those cute strappy sandals you had gotten a few weeks ago." She answered, and I could practically hear her grin.

"You know me so well. Are we doing anything tomorrow night?" I asked, humming as I set the outfit aside and reached for my homework.

"Well, homecoming is next week. Dress shopping?"

"Sounds good. I've got calculus homework. See you tomorrow?"

"Oh, thanks for reminding me. I've gotta finish that extra credit for Mendes." She groaned.

"Damn it, I forgot to grab one. I was too caught up in the Chase thing." I bit my lip, shaking my head.

"Grab one tomorrow morning and do it at lunch, babe. It's due tomorrow during class anyways, and he's your last class. You'll be fine. I gotta go, love you!"

"Love you too," I hummed, hanging my phone up as I rolled my eyes at the thought of facing Shawn.

I began my homework, getting through half of the assignment until the buzzing of my phone distracted me.

A text from Shawn lit the screen up, causing me to shake my head and go back to my work without even checking it.

My phone buzzed twice more, but I ignored it until I finished my work. Once my homework was finished, I moved to my bed with my phone, my fingers sliding to the text app.

Talk to me, Julianna.

Please don't ignore me.

I was an ass. I'm sorry.

I shook my head, well aware that my read receipts were on. Like I had said, if he wanted to be mad, I'd give him something to be mad about.

[]

For some reason, I felt incredibly nervous to see Shawn this morning. I was standing outside of his office door, hesitant to knock. Finally, I found the courage to raise my fist and do so.

"Come in!" His voice called from the other side of the door, and I pushed it open, my lips curled down slightly.

"Julianna," He spoke softly, his eyes warming once he realized it was me.

"Mr. Mendes," I spoke in a simple, almost bored tone.

"Julianna, please," He frowned, moving his hands from the keyboard of his computer.

"Mr. Mendes," I spoke again, my eyes moving away from him.

He sighed, clearly defeated and giving up before shaking his head.

I was nervous, my palms slightly shaking as he spoke.

"When it's just you and I, Julianna, I really don't mind you calling me Shawn." He murmured, his eyes on mine as he glanced at me from over the screen of his computer.

"Okay, Mr. Men- I mean, Shawn," I could feel my cheeks heating up under his gaze and my partial slip up of his name.

I knew I wasn't like his other students, but still. Had other students been allowed to call him Shawn? Or was I the only one?

You aren't special! I'm sure his other students are allowed to call him that in private! My subconscious practically screams at me, almost giving me a damn headache.

His gaze was still on me; his dark eyes taking in every inch of my body from head to toe. It seemed as if his gaze faltered on my thighs, and I silently thanked the gods that I had worn my good pair of jeans today.

His eyes finally settled on my own and I couldn't help but swallow the lump in my throat as he spoke.

"I'm guessing you need the extra credit, don't you?"

The tension in the room was thick between us, and I nodded slowly while licking my lips.

"Yes, please."

"Here," He mumbled quietly, not breaking eye contact as he handed me the assignment.

"Thank you. Have a nice day, Mr. Mendes." I nodded, turning as I reached for the handle, well aware of how well my jeans hugged my waist.

Thankful that he didn't try to stop me, I made my way down the hall, dreading having to go to his class later in the day.

Thankfully, the day passed in a blur, as Friday's usually do. After the English essay I had been writing, the calculus test I had taken, and the history notes I'd scribbled down, it was finally time to face Shawn's class.

I made my way inside, thankful most of the class was already in the room as I made my way to my seat, sitting down and minding my own.

I knew Shawn's gaze was on me, I could feel his eyes practically burning into me, but luckily, the girl next to me, Michelle, turned and began to ask me if I was going to homecoming.

I had known Michelle since freshman year, so it was easy to talk to her and her best friend, and thankfully it kept me from looking at Shawn.

When the bell rang, Shawn cleared his throat and asked everyone to sit before setting down a basket on his desk.

"Extra credit goes in here. If you don't have it, too bad." He spoke, nodding at the black basket before setting the board up for notes.

I frowned at his tone, unsure of why he sounded so annoyed. It couldn't have been because of me, right? Either way, I grabbed my notebook before realizing my pencil had no lead.

I tapped Michelle's shoulder, quietly asking if she had any, only for Shawn to speak loudly in front of the entire class.

"Miss Ange, if you're done gossiping, I'd like to begin my lesson." He raised a brow, his gaze cold on me.

Shit, okay. He was mad because of me. I was supposed to be pulling the strings! How is it that he's taken control and I feel like a flustered mess?

"Mr. Mendes, I-"

"Save it, please. Pay attention. If you don't want to, I'll gladly kick you out of my class."

With bright cheeks, I narrowed my eyes at him before shaking my head and grabbing a pen instead.

As the lesson progressed, Shawn didn't bother to look at me once. I felt angry at him, although my plan was to make him angry.

I shook my head, focusing on the notes instead, only to jump slightly as my phone buzzed loudly with a text, interrupting the lesson.

Shawn let out a sigh, shaking his head as I reached for it quickly, seeing it was my mother.

My eyes read over the screen, my heart dropping down to my stomach as Shawn spoke in annoyance.

"Miss Ange, I've already warned you once. Pack your things up and please leave my class." He said in a bored tone, his harsh gaze moving to my features.

Once he realized the look on my face wasn't a good one, his gaze softened as I quickly reached for my things and my bag, standing quickly with my phone in my hand.

"My father was in an accident. I need to go."

----------

an update! I'm sorry it's a bit short, but I promise the next one will be longer and better!

also.. I'm in shock over the 2K reads!! I just wanna thank you guys for reading this and voting and commenting and just ahhh!! it's so amazing. thank you guys so much! xx

remember to vote, comment, and share this story with your friends! 

-n