four.

dinner at ralph's? pick you up at 7?

I smiled at the text, typing back a response to Chase that I would be ready then before locking my phone and laying back against my soft pillows.

I thought back to last night and how I had agreed to go out with Chase; the thought for some reason making me uneasy.

Of course, he had always been nice, but why had he all of a sudden wanted to go out with me? Why had he never tried before in the past?

With a shrug, I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs in search of breakfast, only to be surprised to see my father on the phone, chuckling before spotting me and flashing me a smile.

"Great, man. See you tonight, then?" He paused, listening to whoever was on the other end as I poured myself a glass of orange juice. 

"Going to a wild party tonight, dad?" Raising a playful brow once he hung up, I took a sip of my juice before flashing him a grin.

"More like hosting one, Jules," He spoke, flashing a grin back. "An old friend of mine is back in town. He's a few years younger, but we've always got along well. Mom and I are having him for dinner."

"Don't worry, I'll be out of your hair. I'm going out tonight." I said as I finished off my juice, placing the glass in the sink once I did so. 

"Ah, alright," My dad nodded, pausing for a moment before hesitantly asking, "I'm pretty sure that was Chase Gordon's car in the driveway last night."

Holding a hand up, I shook my head as I made my way towards the stairs. "Not the time. I gotta get ready for work! See ya!"

As I rushed up the stairs, I scowled slightly with flushed cheeks. A conversation with my dad about a guy I was seeing? No thank you.

[]

"Thank you for shopping with us, have a lovely afternoon, ma'am." I flashed the customer a smile as I handed over her pink bag, watching as she walked out of the store.

"Julianna!" My manager, Elisa spoke into my earpiece. "There's a customer up front who needs help!" 

I made my way to the front, seeing a dark haired, tall, and nicely figured girl gazing at our newest lingerie collection.

Tapping her shoulder gently, I gave her a smile as I spoke. "Hi, welcome to Victoria's Secret, is there anything you need help with today?"

As she turned, my stomach flipped oddly as I recognized her from last night. Mr. Mendes' date.

"Oh! Yes, please," She spoke, and I couldn't help but stare and admire her features. No wonder Mendes was dating her; she was stunning with caramel eyes, soft freckles, and flawless skin. "I'm wondering which set and color you think is best for an anniversary?"

"Well," Blinking away from her face, I glanced back to the silk outfits hanging on the rack. "How does your partner feel about you in certain colors? Their favorite to see you in?"

"He likes me in black," She spoke, a confident smirk on her lips as she reached out to the red lingerie. "but I feel like this red is definitely appropriate for an anniversary, if you know what I mean."

She had no clue that I knew she was Mr. Mendes' girlfriend, which is why I felt so incredibly awkward right now.

Nodding with slightly pink cheeks, I lowered the red outfit from the hanger, holding it out to her. "I'd recommend red, then, but, you get a free pair of stockings with a purchase of something from this collection, which you can get in black."