thirty-six.

"Nothing but rain," I sighed, looking at Shawn's face through the screen of my phone.

"Like you never left Seattle?" He teased, rubbing his eyes.

"Like I never left." I echoed, laughing quietly. "Any news about Vivien?"

"John's arranged for someone to follow her around and see if there's any evidence that she might have the security tapes."

I nodded, rubbing my hand over my face as I sighed.

"Don't stress," Shawn frowned, and I could hear the concern in his voice.

I looked back at my phone, Shawn looking back at me through FaceTime before he spoke again.

"I miss you, princess."

I couldn't help but smile, a shy blush claiming my cheeks. "I miss you. I'll be home tomorrow."

Yesterday had gone by quickly; between landing here, checking into our hotel and nationals, plus a big team dinner, the day had felt never ending.

"I'll have someone go pick you up from the airport." He replied, a smile on his own lips.

A loud knock came from the hotel room's door, causing me to jump slightly.

"Jules, you better be up!" Liam's voice called through the wood. "Breakfast is in forty five minutes and we leave in an hour!"

"Shit," I whispered, glancing down to my pajamas. "I gotta go, okay? I love you!"

Quickly and in a rush, I hung up the video call before stripping as fast as I could. I stepped into the shower, rushing to wash my body and hair.

By the time I got out, I had thirty five minutes left, and I knew ten was needed to do my hair, plus another fifteen for my makeup.

I did both as quickly as I could, managing to make myself look both professional and casual, so I wasn't trying so hard.

It wasn't until I was putting on the finishing touches of my lipstick that I realized what I had told Shawn.

"I love you!"

"Fuck!" I cursed, my hand slipping away from my mouth, leaving a burgundy stripe of lipstick across my cheek.

I felt panic kicking in, cursing to myself for those three words I had said to him.

They were true, but I didn't want to tell him so soon, and especially not over FaceTime. I didn't want to freak him out, either. What if he didn't feel the same?

I quickly wiped away and fixed the makeup mishap, before changing into a burgundy dress and black heels. I grabbed my purse, and bag with my laptop and camera, before hurrying towards the elevator.

Checking the time on my phone, I relieved to see it had only taken me forty three minutes to get ready. I felt slightly panicky as I saw Shawn hadn't texted me.

Maybe he hadn't heard? Maybe I freaked him out? Maybe he doesn't even care?

A playful whistle came from across the room as I walked into the breakfast area, making me roll my eyes playfully as Max waved me over.

"Look at Ange!" He teased, winking at me. "Who knew there was a girl under there?"

"Shut it." I laughed, setting my bag down and heading towards the coffee bar.

Once I had grabbed my coffee and bagel, I sat down at the table and anxiously checked my phone again; not a message or call from Shawn. I put my phone on do not disturb, figuring it would be the best thing to do so I could focus on why I was here.