seven.

"I can't believe I failed Mendes' test!" Caroline whined from her place in the drivers seat.

"Should've studied, cupcake." Jack teased from where he sat in the backseat.

He and Chase sat back there while Caroline and I sat in the front of her car. Behind us, Johnson and Sammy, along with other players sat in their cars as we made our way upstate for the game.

"Just go do the extra credit assignment," I hummed, sipping from my drink before putting it back in the cup holder. "I am."

"You scored an 85, Jules, you don't even need it." Chase rolled his eyes playfully.

"I know, but still. It's still nice to bump that up ten points in case I screw up another exam." I looked at him over my shoulder, giving him a 'duh' look.

"An 85? Seriously?" Jack scowled, throwing his arms up. "I studied my ass off and only got a 72."

"Better than my 57!" Caroline pouted, taking the exit that lead into the town we'd be playing in.

"Study harder next time," I teased, flipping my hair dramatically over my shoulder.

"You're such a brat." Chase chuckled, shaking his head from the backseat.

"I take great pride in that, I'll have you know." I shot back, taking another sip from my drink as I winked at his reflection from the mirror.

[]

"And the Cougars take their win! 4-1 is your final score, ladies and gentlemen!"

Caroline and I hugged each other excitedly before hurrying onto the field, both of us engulfing our four boys into a group hug.

"Beating the team in their own home; impressive, boys." Caroline grinned, kissing Jack right on the mouth.

"Nice to be undefeated so far," Sammy nodded, kissing my head dramatically before Chase smacked his arm.

"Paws off my woman, man," He wrapped an arm around my waist before pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Good job out there," I mumbled against his kiss, squeezing his hand gently before pulling back.

"Enough, love birds. Let's go pick up something to eat for the drive home. We should be able to make it back by midnight or so." Johnson checked his phone before putting his gear into his duffel bag.

Nodding, we all made our way to the car before Jack called out, "Shotgun! I'm sitting up front with Caroline."

I rolled my eyes just as Chase took my hand in his, pulling me closer before murmuring playfully in my ear, "Now we've got the back all to ourselves."

[]

"Text me when you get home!" I called to Caroline as she waved and drove off; me being the last person she had to drop off.

I unlocked the front door, trying to be as quiet so I wouldn't disturb them, only to be met with the sight of Mr. Mendes with a beer in his hands.

"Julianna! Heeey!" His words were slightly slurred and a twinge of pink hugged his cheeks.

"Mr. Mendes, hi," I smiled, setting my bag down by the front door while shutting it behind me.

"Jules!" My father called, appearing from the doorway to the kitchen with a drink in his hands, too. "Shawn and I were just having a dude's night before your mother and I leave on her business trip tomorrow!"