twenty-nine.

"I've already texted Sasha and let her know I don't need them to come pick me up once we land." I spoke, finishing my lemonade as we touched down in Seattle.

The typical dark clouds had set over the city, causing me to frown and immediately miss New York.

Shawn's hand squeezed mine gently, his head nodding before he let me go and reached for his seatbelt.

"As long as we see no one we know at the airport, we'll be fine for me to take you home."

"And then we can tell the girls about us." I hummed.

We gathered our things before getting off of the plane and walking down the terminal side by side, but at a decent distant from one another in case anyone we knew happened to see us.

Luckily, the airport was dead since it was almost eight pm, so we walked towards baggage claim and gathered our things before stepping into the parking lot, heading towards Shawn's Porsche.

I sighed as we began the drive to the apartment, my mood low as realization set that we no longer could hold hands or kiss anytime we wanted.

"What're you thinking about?" Shawn asked, leaning over to hold my hand before glancing at me.

"In two days, I'll have to go back to calling you Mr. Mendes and seeing you in a classroom, aka an illegal setting for us."

He chuckled softly, raising my hand before kissing my knuckles gently as he pulled up to a red light.

"Julianna, baby. It's only two weeks then we can hideaway for Christmas break."

"But what am I supposed to do when it's Christmas, hm? My parents worship the damn ground you walk on. I'll have to spend the holidays being all friendly with you for the sake of your friendship with my dad." I huffed. "Which, is weird by the way!"

"What? That you're screwing your dad's best friend?"

I gagged, pulling my hand from his dramatically to cover my ears. "Shut up!"

Shawn laughed loudly before I lowered my hands, glaring at him as he pushed down on the gas once the light turned green.

"We can always go away for the holiday again, you know." He mumbled, shrugging his shoulders before taking my hand again.

"My parents are already mad I ditched Thanksgiving for New York, Shawn." I frowned, looking at him. "Besides, my bank account is not very happy with me for this trip."

"I'll pay." He answered casually, clearly not giving second thought about it.

"Whoa, sugar daddy Mendes," I teased. "I don't mean to be rude, but you're a teacher. I know you don't make that much."

"I also went to medical school, sugar baby." He teased back. "I had a career in physical therapy before I even began teaching. I've been smart with my money, don't you worry, princess."

"Fuck me on a pile of money?" I asked nonchalantly, unbuckling my seatbelt while opening the car door.

"For you? Anything." He grinned, getting out of the car and grabbing my bags from the trunk.

I looked around the front, figuring no one was home yet. I knew Caroline wasn't getting back into town until later tonight, and I figured Sasha and Arizona must have been working or something.

Using my key for the front door, I pushed it open as Shawn followed, and I looked over my shoulder at him with my bags.

"Help me take those to the laundry room so I can do my dirties?" I smiled, batting my lashes sweetly.