fifty-four.

"Welcome home!" Caroline squeaked, gently engulfing my body in a secure hug.

Sasha and Arizona flooded over to Caroline and I, creating a group hug before we all pulled back with excited smiles.

"How're ya feeling?" Arizona asked, glancing down to the small bruises visible on my arms.

"Not the best, but I've also been so much worse, so." I shrugged, a playful smile on my lips. "You win some, you lose some."

"Where's Shawn?" Sasha asked, taking my bag from my hands as she tilted her head.

"I told him to go home, he's barely slept these last few days."

"Even though you're fine?" Arizona asked, a fond look on her face.

"He said he wouldn't relax until he knew I was absolutely fine and being released."

"What a man." Caroline whistled playfully, wiggling her brows.

"Hungry?" Sasha asked, rolling her eyes at Caroline. "Arizona and I are making pasta for dinner."

"Ooh, that sounds so good. Do you two need help?" I asked, following the three girls into the kitchen.

"Nope! I'm gonna go put this in the laundry room, okay?" Sasha hummed, holding my bag up before disappearing around the corner.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, okay?" I smiled at Caroline and Arizona, turning on my heel and going upstairs to my room.

Once I entered my room, I closed the door and inhaled sharply, memories of Johnson flooding my mind as I felt my heart rate begin to pick up.

It's the past. He can't touch you ever again. You're safe, Julianna.

I let out a small sigh, shaking my head before undressing, throwing my worn clothes into the laundry basket in the corner and walking into the bathroom, flicking the light on the wall up.

My eyes scanned over the dark bruises that claimed my torso and legs, shivering slightly as I turned to turn the water on.

He can't hurt you anymore.

I stepped into the shower, reaching for the jasmine scented body wash before beginning to rub the suds into my body with a sigh.

You're okay.

[]

"When's the court date?" Shawn asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

I glanced up from where I stood at his kitchen counter, the email from Cameron open on my laptop screen.

"Two days." I rubbed my eyes tiredly, relaxing against Shawn's protective hold.

"Cameron's a good lawyer, he'll protect you; everyone knows Johnson is guilty anyway."

"I still don't know how he's pleading not guilty. There's so much evidence." I motioned to the bruises on my body with an eye roll.

"He's not gonna walk away a free man, babe." Shawn reassured me, his hands tightening protectively around my body.

"That dirtbag is gonna get whatever the hell he deserves." I muttered softly, shaking my head as I closed my laptop.

"You want me to go to court with you?" Shawn questioned, pressing a soft kiss to my shoulder.

"Please." I nodded, turning around to face him. "I don't think I can handle going alone."

"You're not gonna be alone, Julianna. All your friends and family will be there to support you." He reassured, nodding his head.