twenty-six.

"I think she's okay, thank you." A soft, familiar voice spoke, followed by a stranger's voice and the sound of someone walking away.

I opened my eyes and glanced up, watching the attendant walk away before Shawn glanced over to me.

"She was making sure we didn't need anything. You were asleep so I figured..."

"I'm fine, thank you." I muttered, looking at him for a moment then down at my hands.

"Julianna, listen." Shawn started, a frown on his lips as he turned to me slightly.

"Shawn, please." I started, frowning back at him as my cheeks heated in embarrassment.

"No, just listen, please. I was an asshole. I was completely shocked that your friends had just barged in. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if they'd tell or-"

"They're my friends Shawn, I told you they wouldn't. They still won't."

"Let me speak, please." He sighed softly. "I regret it. I miss you. God, I miss you, Julianna. I've been like a lost puppy. I went to your dad's the other day in hopes of just seeing you stop by."

I swallowed thickly, listening to the announcement that we would descending soon and to make sure seat belts were fastened. After a few moments, I glanced up to Shawn and shook my head.

"I can't." I spoke, my voice shaking. "You left. Please. Understand that."

"I can't, Julianna. I can't let you go. I can't get over the fact that you're only eighteen but yet, I want to give you the damn world."

"Shawn..."

"Please, just one more chance."

"Shawn, I can't."

Tears stung my eyes as I spoke, shaking my head quickly as I wondered what the fuck I was doing. Isn't this what I wanted? Him? So why didn't this feel right?

"Julianna, please."

"Shawn, no. I can't do this." I spoke, my voice shaking as I tried to stay calm and firm.

"Okay." Shawn spoke softly, nodding his head with pink cheeks.

We sat in silence as the ground got closer, listening to the rest of the passengers shuffle around as we landed and pulled into our gate.

I began to gather my things once people began to get off of the flight, feeling Shawn's eyes on me before I looked up and cleared my throat.

"I don't know why you've come to New York or if you're alone," I began, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "But if you need someone, you have my number."

Shawn nodded, standing and reaching for his own small duffle bag as I continued.

"I'm staying at the Hilton on Times Square." I mumbled, side stepping him once I made sure I had everything. "You can find me there."

And with that, I stepped off of the plane, not bothering to glance back at him.

[]

"How's the city?" Sasha asked, pausing to yell at her little sister before resuming. "Any hot guys?"

"It's beautiful. A little cold, but not bad." I spoke into my phone, glancing around the streets before spotting the Gucci store.

Go big or go home, right?

"No hot guys." I trailed off, crossing the street towards the store.

"Why do you sound like you're not telling me something?" She asked, her tone strict.