fourteen.

"Are you sure you don't want to party with us?" Sasha frowned as we all walked to Arizona's car.

Since Sasha's parents were out of town, she was hosting an after-homecoming party. Most of our senior class were going, and I had luckily found an excuse.

"I don't wanna risk anything with Chase. I'm not in the mood to party either." I shrugged casually, shaking my head.

"You know we'd look out for you, J." Johnson frowned, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"I know, Gilinsky's got bloody knuckles and detention to prove it." I teased, leaning over and pinching Jack's cheeks playfully.

"Hey, you're like a sister, Jules. No asshole is gonna pull that shit and expect to get away with it." He shrugged, offering a proud grin as he showed off his wrapped hand.

"Thank you guys. Really. I'm glad to know you've all got my back." I nodded, a small grin on my lips as I gazed around the almost empty parking lot. "Now go. Party your asses off, okay? I'll be fine."

"Okay, but call us if you need anything." Caroline pouted, hugging me before her and Jack walked towards his car.

After saying goodbye to the group, I waved and watched them all drive away. I had lied that I would call an uber so no one had to take me home, but instead, I turned and made my way across the parking lot, where no one had parked.

Luckily it was dark, but as I approached the Porsche, I could tell Shawn was smiling, just like I was.

His hands found my waist almost immediately, and he spun our bodies, making me giggle as my head fell back, before I was pressed against the side of his car.

"There's my girl," Shawn chuckled, leaning down to press his lips to my own.

"In the school parking lot, Mr. Mendes?" I teased, giggling as I let my nose bump his own.

"I've got no shame, Miss Ange." He hummed, pressing his lips to my jaw as he mumbled softly. "Like you, grinding against those boys and making them believe they've got the slightest chance with you."

"Was someone jealous?" I tilted my head, my hands moving to his back as my lips curled into a smirk.

"Definitely not. Just think it's sad that you're giving them just a bit of hope that they could actually get you." He spoke, taking my hand and leading me into the car.

I watched him move to the driver's seat, buckling my seatbelt as I spoke playfully. "That sounds like something someone jealous would say."

"I'm not jealous, Julianna." He shook his head, pulling out of the parking lot before taking my hand and kissing my skin.

"I can't believe it. Shawn Mendes, you are so jealous."

"I'm not!"

"Look at me, then." I hummed, pulling back to look at him from where he was driving

I took in the pink of his cheeks, a wicked grin on my face as I tilted my head back against the seat and let out a loud laugh.

"You're jealous!"

"I'm not!"

I giggled, shaking my head as I lifted Shawn's hand, pressing a kiss to his knuckles as I looked at the empty roads.

"Nothing to even be jealous over, baby. I'm your girl. You even said it yourself."

"Damn right."