two.

"What do you mean, he's okay? Christ, Jules, he's beautiful!" Arizona practically screamed at me, her frozen yogurt splashing a bit as she dramatically set the cup against the table. 

"I mean, he's decent looking. Chill out, people are looking." Rolling my eyes dramatically, I used my napkin to wipe at the melted froyo on the table.

"Julianna, Mr. Mendes is exactly your type." Caroline chimed, her brows furrowing in confusion.

"Well, he's a teacher, who is twenty six, and has a girlfriend. He told us." Nodding, I spooned more yogurt into my mouth as I glanced back and forth between them. 

"Yeah but still- he's attractive. I can't believe you're just gonna say he's okay!" Arizona pouted, clearly already whipped for Mr. Mendes.

"Yeah, well, believe it." I hummed, setting my spoon into the empty yogurt cup, just as Caroline spoke up from where she was looking at her phone.

"Jack texted. He said their first game is Friday night. Home game. And," She paused, wiggling her brows as she gazed at me. "Chase is excited to see you."

"Count me out, ladies. I'd rather not spend my Friday night watching sweaty boys." Shaking my head, I gathered our trash before standing and walking to toss it.

When I got back to the table, my two best friends were pouting and practically begging me to go.

"C'mon! It's their first game!" Arizona pleaded, flashing me puppy dog eyes.

"Exactly! It won't be as fun without you! The guys want to see you, too!"

Our friend group was pretty big. There was Jack Gilinsky, who was practically dating Caroline. Sammy  Wilkinson, who was totally in love with Arizona, even if she showed no attention to him whatsoever, and when she did, it was totally friendly. Jack Johnson, who I had known since I was young, and was just like a brother. Lastly, there was Sasha, a tall, athletic, and totally down to earth brunette. She went to an all girls private school, claiming it helped her focus more on her studies, but we had grown up knowing her, so we still had her in our group, hanging on the weekends all together.

"Listen, I get that, but, I don't want to be around all of them." 

"If it's the Chase thing, you can totally ignore him! Or friendzone him." Nodding quickly, Caroline stuck her lower lip out even further, trying to convince me to join them.

Sighing, I crossed my arms like a stubborn child before giving in and nodding my head. "Fine. But I might leave early. No promises!" 

They squealed and nodded excitedly; Caroline picking her phone up to let Jack know we'd be there as Arizona grinned at me.

"You're totally gonna end up with Chase. I've got a good feeling about it."

[]

"Two minutes left, ladies and gentlemen! Your East High cougars are tied! If they score here, they'll start their season with a win!"

Humming, I glanced over to Arizona, Caroline, and Sasha, nudging them to get their attention. "I'm gonna go get a drink. You guys want anything?"

They all shook their heads as Sasha spoke up. "No thanks, but, we're going to dinner after this with the guys! Are you down to come?"

"Uh," I paused to think, just as my stomach growled, causing us to laugh. "I guess so. Count me in!"

I made my way down the bleachers to the snack stand, pulling my phone out and checking my texts as I waited in line. 

I was halfway through checking my instagram feed when a tap on the shoulder startled me, causing me to turn around quickly and come face to face with familiar eyes.