forty-eight.

"You already landed?" I asked, answering Shawn's call nervously without a hello.

"Hi to you, too." He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm just waiting for my bags now. It was a quick flight."

"I'm glad you're home safe." I spoke honestly, glancing down at my open history notes.

"Are you coming over tonight?"

"Um," I panicked, glancing down at my stomach, a frown on my lips. "I don't think so. I'm busy with studying, and got to prepare for graduation practice on Thursday."

"Okay, no worries then, pretty. I'll call you later then?"

"Talk to you then." I nodded, tapping my pen nervously.

We hung up after saying goodbye, and I shoved my notebook closed, rubbing my hands over my face as I tried to clear my thoughts.

Why does this have to be happening to me?

Don't get me wrong; being pregnant at this age isn't the end of the world. Plenty of girls do it and they're just fine, but the last thing I want, and need, is a damn baby.

The last thing Shawn and I need is a baby. We haven't even discussed what's going to happen with our relationship once graduation comes and I've got to move for school.

Groaning quietly into my hands, my phone buzzed from on top of my study desk, and I reached for the phone.

We're leaving after third to the doctors then? Skipping Mendes' class?

After reading the message, I sighed softly and replied with shaky hands.

Yes. Please don't say anything. Don't tell anyone that we're going.

Ok, got it... why are we going?

I should say, right? This is the one person I trust enough to come with me, and eventually, I'd have to tell when we get to the doctors office tomorrow.

I haven't had a period since we went to LA with the Jacks.

I waited anxiously for a reply, staring at the screen as my heart rate spiked up once the three reply dots popped up.

Hey, ur gonna be ok, Jules. I'll be right by ur side.

I responded with a quick thank you, relief flooding my bones before setting my phone on the charger and getting up from my study area.

I went downstairs, where Caroline, Sasha, and Arizona were all laughing at some video Jack was showing them.

"Jules!" Caroline grinned when she spotted me, moving to make more room on the couch. "Come sit!"

"Studying calls," I shook my head, offering a smile as I walked into the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"Can we study sometime this week for Mendes?" Arizona asked, grinning sweetly at me.

"Of course. I've got some studying to do tomorrow for English, but either after that, or Tuesday night, okay?"

"How is studying going? Life?" Jack asked, looking at me from his spot on the couch.

"Stressful, but it's fine." I nodded, forcing a smile on my lips.

By the way, everyone, I might be pregnant! But it's fine!