forty-one.

"You haven't talked to him? At all?" Arizona frowned, helping me fold my clothes.

"Nope." I muttered, putting the clothes in my suitcase.

I stepped over to my desk, grabbing the camera from its charger before packing both in its case, setting it next to my carry on bag.

My phone began to rang from where it laid on my bed, making Arizona hum and hand it to me.

"Speak of the devil," She commented, blowing me a kiss before walking out of the room.

Sighing, I thought about ignoring it, but this was his twentieth call in two days. I rolled my eyes, pushing the green answer button.

"Yes?" I asked, holding the iPhone between my shoulder and ear while I continued to pack.

"You finally answer and all I get is a yes?" Shawn asked, his tone slightly upset.

"I'm asking what you want. Other than to ban me from going, as if you're my father."

"I'm your dadd-"

"Shawn," I groaned, laughing quietly as I shook my head.

"Julianna," He replied playfully, making me smile as I sat on my bed.

"Yes?" I asked again, still smiling as I looked at my manicure.

"I'm sorry for being a dick. I just want what's best for you, you know." He sighed.

"I know, baby, but I just need you to trust me, okay?"

"Of course, Julianna. Like I said; I trust you."

"Good." I hummed. "Wanna come over? I've got Friends, season six, calling our name."

"Should I bring red wine?" Shawn chuckled, shuffling around on the other line.

"Can you bring lemonade, actually?" I giggled softly. "I don't want a hangover tomorrow on the flight."

"Got it. Ice cream and popcorn, too?"

"God, you know me so well." I sighed dreamily. "I love you."

"I love you, pretty girl. I'll see you soon."

"See you, baby."

I hung the phone up, a soft, warm feeling in my stomach as I zipped my suitcase closed. I lifted it off of my bed, then put it on the floor, next to the door, for tomorrow morning.

"Jules," Sasha's voice comes, followed by her appearing in the doorway. "We're going to dinner. That sushi place on second street. Come with?"

"Shawn's on his way over." I smiled dreamily, glancing up at her.

"Loverboy apologized then, hm?" She grinned, raising a brow curiously.

"He did, yes."

"Well, I hope he gives you I'll miss you while you're gone dick tonight, babydoll." She teases, making me gasp.

I reached for my pillow, throwing it at her face before she began to laugh as she caught it.

"Let me know if you want me to bring you home anything!" She called, throwing the pillow back while she walked away.

"Asshole," I called back playfully, shaking my head as I rolled my eyes.

My phone dings with a text, Chase's name appearing on screen. I unlocked my phone, and see two images loading.

The first picture is him in a dark blue shirt, red lobsters covering the material. The next photo is him in a red shirt, with little yellow suns on the material. I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous they are.