thirteen.

"Oh, my baby Jules! You look so beautiful, honey!" My mother gushed, grabbing her phone to take pictures as I made my way down the stairs.

"Oh my gosh, mom. It's homecoming. I go every year," I rolled my eyes playfully, giggling softly as I reached the bottom of the stairs, shaking my head.

"But it's your last homecoming, Julie. You're graduating soon! Enjoy the dances while you still can!" My father added, kissing my head as the doorbell rang.

"That's probably Arizona," I hummed, moving towards the door and pulling it open to reveal the brunette in a black, elegant yet sexy, dress.

"Christ, Ange. Who knew a rose gold dress could ever look so good on someone?" Arizona grinned, leaning in to kiss my cheeks before stepping inside. "Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Ange!"

"Oh, you look so beautiful, Arizona! Look, James, how our girls have grown up!" My mom whined, nuzzling up to my dad's side.

"Let's leave to pick up Sasha before she cries us a river," I teased, nudging Arizona with my elbow.

Technically, I was going alone, but Shawn was luckily chaperoning, so I'd definitely still see him tonight. Sasha and Arizona were dates so Sasha could come, and Jack had finally found the balls to ask Caroline earlier this week by getting the lacrosse team to do a flash mob, where he asked her at the end.

My mom laughed, kissing us both, and my dad waved goodbye to us as Arizona and I made our way to her car.

"Sasha moved?" I asked, my brows raised as Arizona began to drive once the two of us were buckled.

"Yeah. The fancy estates up town. Her house is beautiful, really." She laughed, nodding as she took the way she already knew. "Do you think Chase will try to talk to you tonight?"

"I really, really hope not." I sigh, shaking my head as I check my phone.

A message from Shawn was there, and I discreetly opened it, a grin curling onto my lips as I realized it was a picture of him in the mirror, all dressed up to chaperone. I noticed his tie was rose gold, just like my dress, and it caused my cheeks to heat slightly.

"For hoping he doesn't talk to you, you look very... dreamy and happy." She perked a brow, glancing at me before back to the road.

"No, no. Sorry, just a stupid message," I laughed nervously but casually, shaking my head as I locked my phone. "Can you make sure he doesn't come near me? I'd really rather avoid him at all costs."

"Oh, definitely, babe. You know us, we've totally got your back."

I glanced around the street, recognizing it from the night Shawn had taken me to his house.

"She lives here?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly and nervously before I cleared my throat, trying to calm down.

"Yeah. When I first came, I thought it looked weirdly familiar. I'm glad it wasn't just me though, because I'm assuming you're picking up the familiar vibe too?" She laughed, turning onto the street Shawn also lived on.

"Yeah, weird. Maybe we've been to a party here?" I shrugged, trying to stay casual as Arizona pulled up in front of Sasha's house.

Since Sasha's parents were out of town for their anniversary, Arizona texted her, letting her know we were just outside.

When I glanced to the house right across from Sasha's, my heart began to beat a bit faster as I recognized the Porsche sitting in the driveway.

Shawn was Sasha's neighbor.

"See the house across the street?" Sasha hummed as she slid into the backseat, her navy blue dress riding up slightly once she sat down.

"Yeah?" Arizona furrowed her brows, turning her head to look at Shawn's house.