twenty-eight.

"Isn't this nice?" Shawn asked, glancing over at me as we strolled along the Brooklyn bridge.

"Hm?" I asked, intertwining my fingers with his own as I looked over the water.

Manhattan's lights started to turn on and shine brightly as the sun began to set. After a full day of shopping for little things and taking in Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx, Shawn and I figured we'd head back to Manhattan.

"It's nice that we can just be us." He spoke, wiggling our hands with a smile. "Shawn and Julianna."

"Yeah," I smiled back at him, admiring the way he looked with the orange sky behind him. "I know. I wish it could be like this all the time."

"One day, princess."

Shawn gently pulled on my hand, causing my body to tumble softly into his. His arms wrapped around my waist, holding me securely before I glanced up to him, goofy smiles on both of our lips.

I leaned up on my toes, my hands moving around his neck before he moved down, pressing his mouth softly to my own.

We stayed in each other's embrace for a few moments before Shawn's stomach made a loud noise, causing me to pull back and laugh as I glanced down.

"We haven't eaten a real meal since breakfast." He mumbled shyly, his cheeks pink as he spoke.

"C'mon, let's head back towards the hotel. We'll find a place to eat, yeah?" I giggled, poking his stomach gently before beginning to walk again.

Shawn had been ironically staying with John, but had lied and told him he felt like he was intruding, deciding to move to a hotel instead. In this case, the hotel room he had moved to was mine.

"Ooh, can we get pizza? New York pizza is the best pizza, baby." He spoke excitedly, glancing both ways before crossing the street with my hand in his once we had stepped down in Manhattan.

"Whatever you want." I hummed, feeling peaceful and relaxed just to have him back in my life.

I dreaded going back to rainy Seattle, where Shawn and I would have to go back to Mr. Mendes and Miss Ange. I wanted nothing more than to stay here to be able to hold his hand and kiss him publicly.

We still had three days left in the city, though. One of those were Thanksgiving and l had no idea what we had planned to do.

"Shawn, what are you gonna do about Thanksgiving? Didn't you come to spend it with John and all that?" I frowned, adjusting my purse on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I did. Only because I didn't want to invade on your holiday with your parents."

"I feel like I've ruined it now, though. Go to John's that day, yeah? He was expecting you after all." I stopped walking as the sign turned red and cars began to drive past the intersection.

"Baby, I'd rather lie and say I'm not feeling well to just stay with you." He spoke, waiting for the walk signal to flash.

"Shawn-"

"Julianna," He frowned, turning towards me before brushing my hair back. "I want to be with you while we're here for as long as possible. I want to be able to hold you and kiss you whenever I want, wherever I want, for as long as possible while we're here. Okay?"

I couldn't help but smile, my cheeks pink. He may as well have just read my damn mind like a book.

"Okay."

"Good. Now, c'mon, this place had the best fuckin' pizza when I was in college."

[]