thirty-three.

"Are you guys going to the Valentines dance?" Johnson asked, sitting down at our usual spot outside for lunch.

"Doubt it," Jack answered. "It's on Valentine's Day, so I'm sure Caroline wants to go out and do something."

"She does," Arizona replied, sipping from her water while nodding. "The Italian place on seventeenth street. Book that and get her daisies; not roses."

"Already reserved, Zona." Jack grinned. "But daisies? Got it."

"What are your plans, Arizona?" Sammy asked, trying to seem as casual as possible.

I giggled softly, biting into my food to stop from blurting out the secret.

"I'm gonna spend it with Sasha, actually. Since she's my girlfriend and all."

So much for not spilling it myself.

I grinned brightly, nudging my shoulder against Arizona's as the three guys seated in front of us froze; shocked looks claimed their faces while Sammy began to choke.

"You're gay?" Johnson asked, blinking up at her.

"Jules, I knew you weren't joking!" Jack spoke excitedly.

"How long?" Sammy asked dryly, a small, pink tint on his cheeks.

"Since the end of summer," She nodded. "Seven months will be celebrated on the twelfth; two days before Valentine's Day."

"I'm happy for you two." Johnson nodded, a proud smile on his face.

"What are we talking about?" Caroline asked, sliding into the seat beside Jack; giving him a hello kiss.

"Arizona just outed herself and Sasha." I giggled, taking a drink of my water.

"Oh, shit," Caroline laughed, opening her salad. "Poor Sammy."

Sammy groaned quietly, making us all laugh as he shook his head.

"I should've told you," Arizona spoke shyly, her cheeks now pink. "I was just scared to come out to anyone, really."

"It's cool," Sammy chuckled softly. "You and Sasha are our friends, though. We'll always support you guys in whoever you're with."

"Yeah, that goes for all of us." Johnson nodded. "Whoever you all choose to date; we'll support you."

"As long as they don't treat you like shit." Jack spoke, glancing at me to hint towards Chase.

I glanced past Jack, only to see Shawn ironically at the moment.

He locked eyes with me, a smile claiming his lips, before he shot me a wink and walked towards the building his classroom was in.

I focused back on Johnson, a small, shy smile on my face as I listened to what he had to say.

"Exactly. Other than that, date whoever makes you happy."

Even if he's my teacher?

[]

"On a scale of one to ten, baby," Shawn spoke, setting his fork down on his empty plate. "How good is my cooking?"

I laughed softly, swallowing the last bite of the pasta Shawn had made us for dinner.

"Honestly? Sixteen." I teased, nodding as I wiped my lips.

Shawn grinned brightly, standing up and placing a soft kiss to my mouth before reaching for our empty plates.