thirty-eight.

"Tune into this station for your news tonight at ten to hear about the CEO of a New York publishing company finds stealing employee here in our rainy city. What the employee did to her husband may shock you."

I rolled my eyes, clicking the television off in the living room before shaking my head.

"They've got to make it sound like a fucking soap opera." I muttered, standing up to take my coffee cup to the kitchen.

"They'll do anything for ratings, J." Caroline grunted.

"How's Shawn?" Arizona asked once I walked back into the living room.

"Overwhelmed," I answered. "I'm not surprised, though. He's been awake only about two hours and I'm sure he's being questioned up the ass."

"Can't they give him a break?" Sasha frowned.

"They need his statement as soon as possible so they can figure out the court stuff." I shrugged. "Whatever gets Vivien out of our lives faster."

My phone dinged from across the room, making me rush over to grab it. John's name flashed on the screen, and I unlocked my phone to a text saying the coast was clear.

"I'm gonna head over there," I spoke, grabbing my small Adidas duffel bag; I had planned to stay the night with him.

"Isn't it a little risky?" Caroline asked shyly.

"Visiting hours are over in twenty minutes, and he can have one person stay with him overnight."

"Where's his sister? Christina, was it?"

"Sick," I replied. "But she'll be flying in tomorrow with her fiancé, meaning I'll be back into hiding."

"We love you, text us if you need anything." Arizona smiled, sending me a thumbs up.

I grabbed my keys and said goodbye to the three of them before making my way to the hospital.

Once parking and walking inside, I made the familiar walk to the ICU and Shawn's room. I knocked softly before pushing the door open, coming to face with Shawn and John, laughing as hockey played on the television.

"Jules!" They yelled together, making me laugh as I shut the heavy door behind me.

I sat in the empty chair beside the bed, ignoring Shawn's tries to get me to sit on it with him.

"Our court date is in a couple of weeks," John told me. "The police have everything squared away since Shawn told his side."

"That's good, isn't it?" I asked, my heart hopeful as I glanced between the two.

Shawn nodded, showing his charming smile. "It's great, baby. And even better, I'm officially a single man. Well, not single because of you, but, officially un-married."

I couldn't help but squeal excitedly, placing a small kiss on his cheek as I squeezed his hand gently.

"She signed the papers?!"

"Had to," He nodded again.

"And, she's being charged for theft from my company." John hummed happily.

"It's what the bitch deserves." Shawn mumbled, making me giggle softly.

"I'm gonna head out now, okay? I'll be back tomorrow morning." John stood up, shaking Shawn's hand and squeezing my shoulder. "Text me if you all need something."

We said goodbye to John, and the nurse came in one last time to check Shawn's vitals for the evening.

"Do you need a cot?" Nadia asked me, a warm smile on her lips as she checked his temperature.