forty-two.

"Fuck, LA is so warm." Johnson grinned, shrugging his jacket off as soon as we walked out of the airport.

"There's our cars," Jack nodded, unlocking the two black jeeps that were parked side by side.

"Jeeps?" Sasha asked, raising a brow. "How much did this cost?"

"No clue," Jack chuckled. "Record label is paying for it all."

"No wonder we're staying in an expensive, five star hotel." Arizona hummed, taking the other set of keys from Jack's hand.

The four of us girls piled into one jeep, while the four guys got into the other. Sasha had plugged the hotel's address into the GPS, before we rolled the windows down and set out on the highway, taking in California's sunshine.

My phone buzzed, an incoming call from Shawn making me grin as I slid to answer, before holding the phone to my ear.

"Are you guys blasting One Direction?" He immediately asked, concern in his voice.

"Yes!" I laughed, rolling my eyes as Caroline put Rock Me on the aux.

"God, you must be heartbroken that they're over."

"On a break!" I corrected, pouting as if he could see me.

"Okay, Ross Geller, on a break." Shawn teased. "I was just checking in to make sure you got in safe; clearly, you did."

"Mhm, headed to the hotel now. The Jacks have a show later this week, and afterwards, they've got some VIP area in a club." I told him, pushing a piece of my hair back.

"Be safe, yeah? Let me know when you get back to the hotel after all of that, baby."

"I will," I hummed, smiling softly.

"You've got money, yeah? Need me to transfer anything to your bank account?" Shawn asked, shuffling around on the other line.

"Whoa, sugar daddy Mendes," I giggled, raising my brows. "I've never asked for money."

"I know, pretty, but I want you to know you can always ask."

"I'm not a prostitute." I playfully replied, making Caroline turn towards me with a raised eyebrow as she dramatically switched the song to Lana Del Rey's Lolita.

"Thank god," He hummed. "A sugar baby is on the table though."

"Do you hear what Caroline's playing right now?" I asked, tilting my head back to laugh before playfully giving her the finger.

"Fuck, am I on speaker?"

"No, but I'm speaking out loud, so I'm sure they can assume what we're on the topic of."

"Well," He laughed, before getting serious again. "If you need anything, let me know."

"No, old man, I'm fine." I laughed again, shaking my head at Caroline as we pulled into the hotel's parking lot. "We're here now, and about to meet up with the guys again. I'll call and text you, okay?"

"Be safe. I love you, Julianna."

"I love you." I smiled, feeling the warmth in my stomach.

We said our goodbyes before I hung up, feeling all three pairs of eyes on me before I rolled my eyes teasingly.

"Sugar daddy Mendes did not come to play." Arizona smirked, and I flipped her off.

"Shut up." I groaned. "Let's go. We need to start getting ready."

After we had checked in and pulled all of our luggage into the elevators, Jack handed us all keys that had to be inserted in the elevator since we were staying in the penthouse.