nine.

I only had one thought on my mind when I woke up.

This is not my bed.

I leaned up against the soft pillows, glancing around the dark room before my eyes fell upon the alarm clock to my left, which showed it was only five am.

I let out a yawn before I realized that I was in Shawn's house; in a guest bedroom. The though of Shawn caused my cheeks to heat up as the thoughts of the night before raced back to my memory.

Shaking my head, I tip toed out of the bedroom and down the stairs, trying to find where I had left my bag last night. Once I had found it in front of the door, I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Arizona, knowing she'd be the one not to judge, and the one who lived closest.

Can u come pick me up?? I know it's early but it's an emergency...

I waited patiently, silently praying she was still awake before my phone buzzed with her response.

One night stand gone wrong?? ;) gimme the address, b there soon

I quickly typed Shawn's address, before gathering my bag and quietly making my way out the door, making sure not to wake him.

After a few minutes, Arizona pulled up in her Bug; makeup smudged under her eyes from the night before.

"You're lucky I've got to work this morning, or else I wouldn't have been up this early."

"I'm forever grateful, Ari, but can you please just drive in case he wakes up and sees us?" I pleaded, batting my lashes at her.

"Fine," She rolled her eyes playfully, moving out of Shawn's driveway before humming softly. "Who was the lucky guy? Seems rich, too."

"A nobody, really. We didn't even sleep together," I half lied, because technically, Shawn and I didn't. "I just didn't wanna do the awkward morning after thing."

"Ah, I see," She nodded, following the roads that lead to my house. "Well that's a shame. What about Chase?"

"He and I, um," I shrugged, trying to be as casual as I could be. "I'm breaking up with him. Just not my type."

"Well, glad to see you already tried to move on. Is that why you're wearing mystery dude's shirt?" Arizona teased, wiggling her brows as she pulled into my driveway.

Shit! I didn't even realize! Shawn must have given it to me after the shower and I was too tired to care.

"Shut up. Thank you, too. Love you, I owe you one!" I spoke, kissing her cheek before hopping out of her car and waving as I made my way to my front door.

The sun was just starting to rise as Arizona drove away and I went inside. I locked the door behind me, letting out a loud sigh as I set my things down and went upstairs to my bedroom.

Once in there, I flopped down onto the bed, inhaling the scent of Shawn's shirt before realizing one thing.

I had left my clothes at his house, too.

Fuck.

[]

"I'm fine, I promise! I just got home from Caroline's, mom. We had one of our movie nights at her place last night." I hummed into the phone as I set Shawn's shirt into the washer, along with the rest of my laundry.

I had finally showered once I woke up after falling asleep in my own bed, and now that it was almost one in the afternoon, I figured I'd do my laundry for school tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and continue to ignore Shawn's calls and worried, where are you???! texts.

"Oh that's good! Your father and I will be home tomorrow night, so please make sure the house is clean, Jules!" My mom buzzed in my ear, making me roll my eyes fondly.