thirty-four.

"This is a fucking emergency." I hissed into my phone's receiver, pacing around Shawn's bedroom as I struggled to stay quiet. "Put me on speaker."

Arizona obeyed, the two other girls at home with her, before I glanced at the window.

Do I sneak out? Do I wait here? Do I go downstairs and cut his dick off for lying to me?

"The asshole's married." I snapped. 

"He's what?"

"Since when?"

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Married. I don't know when. I'm dead fucking serious." I answered, shaking my head.

"Are you going to leave him?"

"Uh, yeah. I can't be with an asshole who ditched his wife and didn't even say a word about it."

"Have you talked to him about it?"

"Nope. His fucking wife is still here."

I heard the front door slam shut, followed by the familiar sound of Shawn's footsteps.

"Hey, we're on our way, okay?" Sasha spoke. "We'll be there in fifteen."

"I'll tell you guys everything when I see you, then. I've gotta go now."

I hung the phone up as Shawn knocked gently on the door, then pushed it open.

"Julianna," He started, his expression worried.

"Don't." I replied, shaking my head as I made my way to the door. "You're a disgusting cheater and I want zero to fucking do with you."

"It's not like that, baby. Let me explain." He sighed, gently taking a hold of my hand to stop me.

"So she wasn't your wife? You're not married?"

"Well, I am married, but,"

"See?!" I cried, throwing my arms in the air.

"We're not together, Julianna." He tried again. "Sit down and let me explain, please."

My eyes roamed his face, taking in the tired features before I made my way back in his bedroom, sitting down on his bed.

"You've got two minutes."

"I lived in New York before I moved here. I had gone to school upstate New York; not in the city. Once I graduated, I worked under myself as a physical therapist. That's where I met Vivien.

"All of this took place two years ago. Vivien and I had met through a mutual friend in early of 2015. We started dating, then in December of 2015, we spent our six month anniversary in Vegas. The bitch got me way too drunk one night. The next morning, I woke up in our hotel room with a wedding band on my damn hand."

I blinked up at him, nodding to show I was listening before he continued his story.

"I was pissed, but also thought I loved her, so I figured we'd be fine. Turns out she was cheating on me the whole time; only with me for the money."

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious, baby. I found out in April of 2016. I tried to get a divorce, but she refused. I booked court dates and she never showed up. I'd mail her divorce papers and she'd throw them out. She'd dodge my calls and visits.

"Finally, she showed up at my house one night. She told me she loved me and that she didn't want it to end. I knew she was lying, though. She always just wanted my money."