8 - Real life

"Next up on the show we have one of our most successful young talents. She's not only starred in hit series Gossip Girl as baddie Grace Smith but has also taken the fashion world by storm. Please welcome the amazing Skye Parker," Jimmy Fallon clapped with excitement, Skye grinning from ear to ear when she ventured from behind the famous red curtains and made her way over to the desk.

"Hey Jimmy," Skye smiled, taking a seat and blushing whilst the audience applauded.

"So how's Skye?"

"I'm really well thanks. It's so nice to be home and to have a chance to finally appear on the show."

"I know right? We've been trying to book you for ages."

"I don't know why. I'm really not that interesting," Skye giggled away, Jimmy and house band The Roots quick to join in.

"This coming from the girl who presented at the MTV Movie Awards dressed as Elf."

"What's wrong with that? It's my favourite movie. It seemed pretty appropriate if you ask me."

"It was April," Jimmy started to crease with laughter.

"Ok, I see your point."

The start of the interview/chat was filled with questions all about Skye's success both in acting and modelling. Her stint in Gossip Girl was brought up, her time doing runway for designers like Vivienne Westwood and Gucci was also mentioned, as well as her charity work both at home and abroad.

"So Skye, you're very involved with charity work and fundraising. Just today you posted on Instagram that you'd be auctioning the t-shirt you're wearing tonight on eBay for Comic Relief."

"That's correct. I feel that I need to use the platform that I have to raise awareness for various issues. It's not so much a duty, more of an honour really. I was lucky enough to gain success in a field that gives me a public voice. I have a lot of people that follow what I'm up to so it wouldn't be right if I didn't try to bring these issues to the forefront." The audience clapped in applause as Skye talked so passionately about her charity work.

"With the t-shirt auction for example. It's to raise funds for a British charity called Comic Relief. It's a foundation that aims to work on eliminating poverty around the world. What a better cause to speak up for?"

"Very true, very true. We'll be posting all the links to the auction on our social media as soon as it's live, so be sure to check it out everybody," Jimmy smiled, looking in the direction of the camera before turning back to a relaxed looking Skye.

"Comic Relief isn't the only charity you've worked with either. We actually have a picture of you for a shoot you did whilst at London fashion week last month," Jimmy noted, pulling out a large picture of Skye surrounded by dogs of all types, shapes and sizes.

"Oh yeah, that was an amazing shoot. It was a collaboration between the RSPCA and Battersea Dogs Home. All the dogs in the photo are up for adoption through Battersea. They were either homeless or taken from their owners after abuse. It's just something I'm really passionate about, so was happy to help out in any way I could."

"Most of the charities you work with are to do with animals, environment and poverty I've noticed."

"That's true. It's not that other causes aren't important, it's just they're the ones that I feel the most strongly about. Our legacy is the way we leave the planet for our future generations. We can't just leave it to our children, or our children's children to fix the mistakes that we have made. We can't reverse climate change, we can't bring animals back from extinction. What we can do however is stop it from getting worse. If we look after our environment and animals then people years from now will know that we cared. We only get one planet, we only get one chance. It's not down to one person to fix everything. We all have a duty to play a part. If everybody made just tiny changes it would make so much difference. Sorry I'm getting way too political," Skye laughed off, realising that she'd been rambling away.