84 - Article

Future Mr and Mrs hit the Globes

In the couples first joint appearance since announcing their engagement, Ian Somerhalder and Skye Parker attended the 2015 Golden Globes in Los Angeles last night. Skye was wearing a skin tight candy pink dress by Alexander McQueen during the actual show, but decided to change into something a little more comfortable when celebrations got under way (pictured below at the after party).

 Skye was wearing a skin tight candy pink dress by Alexander McQueen during the actual show, but decided to change into something a little more comfortable when celebrations got under way (pictured below at the after party)

During the ceremony Skye presented good friend Sam Smith with the award for best original song (Writings On the Wall, Spectre) and got very emotional when announcing his name.

Sam, who first met Skye when she starred in his Omen music video gushed about the model and Vampire Diaries star at the close of his hilarious acceptance speech. "Finally, as Skye is up here with me and Ian is down in the audience I want to take this opportunity to wish them all the best for the future and a huge congratulations on their engagement. Skye, you are one of my closest friends and I see how happy Ian makes you. I can only pray that I one day have a love like yours. To the future Mr Smith who is out there somewhere, what are you waiting for? Come get me."

Various observers at the event have said Ian and Skye were joined at the hip the whole night, the only time apart being when Skye was on stage. This seemed to be the case when a camera pan meant to showcase Matthew McConaughey caught the couple sharing a tender kiss at their table just behind him.

It's safe to say the response from their fans after this very public display was huge. Many Skian shippers logged into Twitter to voice their delight.

@QueenSkye OH MY GOD!!!!! Did you just see Ian and Skye making out on T.V? 🤗

@SkianForLife Zoom into Skian. Zoom into Skian

@IanSSkyeP Life is complete, camera went over the audience and captured Ian and Skye making out. I can die happy now 😘 #SkianKiss

@TeamDolly So Sam Smith just said the loveliest things about them and now they're kissing on camera. Has the Golden Globes become the Skian show? 😂😂😂 #LovingIt

It makes you wonder doesn't it? If it's this crazy when they're engaged what is it going to be like when they get married and maybe one day have children?

Whatever happens we are so pleased for Ian and Skye and can't wait to see the next chapter in what has been a fairytale romance so far. Keep checking back for the latest Skian news everyone. We're all tagging along for the ride.