69 - Real Life

"Hey hon, what about this one?" Skye asked Ian whilst trying on various dresses for the People's Choice Awards.

The ceremony was taking place in L.A, and not only were Ian and Skye attending, but it was also their first red carpet together.

Ian was nominated in the favourite sci fi/fantasy actor category and his chances were looking good. Skye was in the midst of her 2 month work break before she was due to start on TVD. She couldn't pass up the opportunity to step back in front of the cameras in support of her boyfriend though.

"You look beautiful in all of them. You need to make a decision though Princess. A car is picking us up in 30 and it's going to take at least an hour to get there."

The couple were currently residing at Ian's house in Venice Beach. It was still L.A, but right on the coast, a beautiful spot. Skye couldn't help thinking it was a wonderful place to live.

"Well if somebody hadn't decided to get all touchy feely whilst we were watching TV, then we wouldn't have ended up on the couch having sex all afternoon. If we're running late then you're the only person to blame Smolderholder."

Ian smirked, reminiscing about the tiring afternoon they'd just shared. He just couldn't keep his hands off of her. "I didn't see you objecting."

"Just stop being all smart and help me choose a dress. What about the black Dolce?"

"Perfect choice," Ian grinned, leaning over and pecking Skye on the nose as he buttoned his suit jacket.

Both in the master bedroom and now ready, the pair stood side by side and looked in the floor length mirror. Ian was impeccable, his tailored and pressed suit showing him off to his best. As he looked to his left at Skye he couldn't contain the smile that took over his face. He'd never seen her look so beautiful. He felt like the luckiest person in the world. She was classic Hollywood glam, her off the shoulder, one of a kind dress giving her a sexy but classy look. He couldn't and didn't want to take his eyes off of her.

"Is there something wrong with the dress? It's my hair isn't it?" Skye worried, when she spotted Ian staring her up and down.

"Are you kidding me? You're amazing. Don't change a thing."

"I just want everything to be perfect. It's our first carpet together. We're gonna have everyone watching us," the clueless model pouted as her boyfriend pulled her into his arms.

"Everyone will be watching us Princess, you're right. They'll be watching because they'll be trying to work how an idiot like me landed you."

"Hey, you're not an idiot," Skye shouted, whacking Ian softly on the chest.

"I am. I should have told you I had a crush on you years ago. Think how long we could have been together?"

"Don't think about stuff like that baby. I could have told you as well. Just be happy that we did it in the end. I mean, look at us now?"

Ian took that request as an opportunity to have a little fun, to calm his girlfriend down and put her at ease. Why was she worried? Had she seen herself?

"Yeah, look at us?" Ian started, spinning them back around to face the mirror and then proceeding to stand behind Skye and wrap his arms around her waist, his lips placing small kisses on her bare shoulder.

"Hottest couple on the planet or what?" He grinned, his famous smirk pulling at his lips.

"More like hottest couple in the universe."