57 - Real Life

Through the duration of Skye's meeting with her agency, she couldn't help but think of her message from Julie. It couldn't be work related, her agent would know about it surely. They hadn't mentioned anything. Julie had said it wasn't about Ian either. Why else would she want to speak to her? Maybe it was because Julie knew she was such a big fan of the show and wanted her opinion on it? Yeah, that must be it Skye thought.

"So the video for Maps is going live tomorrow. It would be really good promo for Maroon 5 and you if you post the link somewhere," Michelle, Skye's agent spoke, pulling the model out of her thoughts.

"Yeah sure, no problem."

About a month or so ago Skye had been in L.A with Ian and the TVD group to celebrate the end of season 5. Whilst out there she also did a bit of work, playing Adam Levine's romantic lead in the video for Maroon 5's latest single, Maps. There had been talks since before Christmas about the treatment for the video, but for one reason or another the album was delayed and it didn't get filmed until the end of May.

"Is everything ok Skye? You seem a bit out of sorts," Michelle asked in genuine concern. They'd been working together for nearly 10 years now, it was only reasonable that they had become pretty close friends in that time.

"I'm fine. Just got a lot on my mind. I've not seen Ian in over a month. I've got promo next week for No Place To Hide (a movie she filmed the year before), and I've got to shoot a whole campaign for Stella before June is over."

Skye had made the decision before she even arrived at her meeting that morning, that she was going to ask for at least a couple of months off. No shoots, no movies, nothing. In the past it had been ok, whenever she had a break she'd go home and relax. Since being with Ian though, all her spare time was spent flying out to wherever he was. Not to take it the wrong way, Skye wouldn't change a thing. She loved how successful she'd become and she now had someone to share it all with as well. It was just hard to juggle everything. Her and Ian both worked so much and made the effort to make sure they saw each other as much as possible. It was so tough though. Skye missed him every day when they weren't together. She needed to make more time for him. Just time to relax and be together.

"That's the price you pay sweetie. You've got to take advantage of the interest in you whilst you can. There's always someone else snapping at your heels."

"I know that, and I appreciate all of it, believe me. I just feel like I need to take a break," Skye almost whispered, taking a sudden interest in looking at her hands.

"A break? A break from what?" Michelle questioned. She did not sound happy.

"Work. Just for a couple of months. I just need some time to relax, to go on holiday, just spend time with people."

"This is about Ian isn't it?" Michelle breathed out in exasperation.

"What do you mean?" Skye asked, looking up at her agent with a furrowed brow.

"You want time off to be with Ian? Don't you see him enough?"

"No, I don't see him enough. We've been together 8 months now, that's a long time in my book. I want to spend time with him, quality time. Not having to worry about missing a plane, or a job that's been booked for me."

"And you have to do this now?" Wow, could she sound anymore hostile?

"Yes. It's the only time Ian has off. He starts back on Diaries in September. He's doing promo for his movie Anomaly now. It's the only time we can do it. Please Chelle, at least think about it? It's only a couple of months." Skye was practically pleading with her, hoping beyond hope that she'd agree.

"At the end of the day, you're technically my boss, and if you want time off that's up to you. If I agree to this though, I need you to do something for me?"

"Yes, anything." Was she actually going to agree?

"I need you to, over the next few weeks promote the hell out of that music video and film, and make the McCartney campaign the best work of your career," Michelle smiled reluctantly.

"Of course I will. I won't let you down. I promise." Skye was jumping up and down, pulling Michelle out of her swivel chair and engulfing her in a huge hug.

"Oh, and one more thing."

Skye knew it was too good to be true.

"Yeah?"

"Bring me back something nice from your holiday."

Once Skye had the go ahead on her time off, she couldn't wait to get home to her apartment and call Ian. He was currently in the U.K promoting a film he'd done called The Anomaly. It was like a British sci-fi thriller with Doctor Who actor Noel Clarke. Skye had never been more jealous. She loved Doctor Who.

Once safe inside her apartment, and away from the paparazzi that always seemed to be following her these days, she was quick to reach for her cell. Going to her contacts and ready to dial Ian's number she suddenly remembered that there was another call she had to make.

It was about time she phoned Julie.