60 - Real Life

To say Skye was bouncing off of the walls was an understatement. She'd just received another call from Julie confirming the go ahead on her role in The Vampire Diaries. Her agent Michelle was in two minds when she became aware of it. Taking on a lead role like the one Skye had been offered would change her entire career. It would mean rather than doing lots of jobs she'd be restricted in what she'd have time to do. Eventually Skye had managed to talk her around, much to the young stars delight. She'd promised to keep modelling during season break, doing lots of online promo and the odd photo shoot here and there. The fact that TVD is one of the biggest shows around had a pretty big impact as well Skye was certain.

Now that everything was green lit and contracts were being written Skye had the go ahead to tell Ian. Julie and the network had decided that it was best to keep it from the cast and the crew until an official press release was posted. They didn't want to risk the news getting out before they planned. It was agreed however that she could tell Ian only, Skye having to make sure that he told nobody else.

She couldn't wait to tell him the news. They'd spoken about it a few times, how amazing it would be if they could be around each other full time. What better way than working on the same show.

The annoying thing at the moment was that Skye was in New York and Ian was in London. When Skye got the news it was the middle of the night where he was. She didn't want to wake him, no matter how excited she was.

Skye decided pretty quickly that telling Ian over the phone was not good enough, something like this had to be done face to face. Luckily for her Ian was due to fly out and see her just the next day. They were going to spend a few days together, get a holiday booked for when Skye went on her 2 month work break. Now it was going to be even better. She couldn't wait for his reaction.

The afternoon that Ian was due to arrive Skye was practically jumping up and down. She kept looking out of the window waiting for his taxi to pull up. She couldn't contain herself much longer. This was a huge thing, a massive, amazing thing. It wasn't just a turning point in her career, but also would change her personal life. No longer would she be in a relationship dependant on FaceTime and phone calls. Now she'd be with him, physically, in the flesh.

When Ian arrived outside Skye took a deep breath and forced herself to hold back. All she wanted to do was run out to him and blurt it all out. She couldn't do that though, she wouldn't do that. She was going to mess with him a little bit. Drop him clues and then give the big reveal.

"Hey Princess," Ian grinned when Skye opened her apartment door, both not hesitating in locking lips at the sight of each other. It had been over a month since she'd seen Ian last, and in the first time in the last 24 hours she'd completely forgotten about her TVD news. In that moment she was just happy to have him back, back in her arms and back in her sight.

"God I missed you," she breathed in affectionately, wrapped in Ian's arms as he pushed the door shut and then moved them further into the apartment.

"I missed you too, but you're going to have to let go of me at some point baby," Ian laughed deeply, pulling himself away just enough to get a good look at Skye's face. She looked so content, so happy.

"I don't want to let you go," she pouted, earning an eye roll and another tight squeeze from Ian before they moved over to the couch.

A little while later, and after they'd got reacquainted with each other, nudge nudge, wink wink, Skye suddenly remembered what she'd wanted to tell Ian.

"I got some pretty exciting news this week," she started, her head rested on Ian's chest as they laid out on the couch, her now in his t-shirt and him just in pants.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me about it?" Ian wondered, quick to pull away so they were face to face.

"It's kind of been hush hush. I got the confirmation yesterday."

Skye couldn't stop the grin that engulfed her face as she thought on what she was about to tell him.

"Sounds interesting. Care to share?" Ian smiled, curling a piece of Skye's hair in-between his fingers as they looked intensely at one another.

"I had a call a few days ago with a producer on a TV show."

"Ok."

"They wanted to offer me a part as a regular. They seemed pretty keen on me taking it, but wanted confirmation from the network before they could go ahead with contracts and stuff." That's it Skye, make him guess.

"Do you have time to take on a part like that? I mean you're so busy already Princess. I don't want you running yourself into the ground." Ian seemed genuinely concerned. Wasn't he the best?

"I have time for this show. It would take priority over everything else, but it's worth it. Ian, this is gonna change everything," she smiled, grabbing hold of his hand and then scooting even closer to him on the seat.

"Must be a pretty amazing part."

"It is. It's the best part."

"So are you going to tell what it is, or you going to make me beg? Ian laughed, happy to see his girlfriend so excited. She was like a child on Christmas Eve.

"Ian, the producer that I spoke with was Julie."

"Julie? Julie who?" Come on Ian, what was it going to take, Skye thought.

"Your Julie. Julie Plec," Skye grinned from ear to ear. He'd have to get it now.

"Wait? WHAT?" Ian bellowed suddenly, jumping up from his place on the couch and then pulling Skye up with him.

"She offered me a role on TVD Ian. A season regular."

The look that came across Ian's face when Skye revealed the news was something that will stay ingrained in her memory forever. His mouth formed an O shape, his eyes went wide. He couldn't believe it. Couldn't take it in. That must have been what Skye looked like when she found out.

"Are you serious? We're gonna work together?" Ian whispered breathlessly, a contented smile crossing his features slowly and his forehead moving down to lean on Skye's.

"We are baby. So uh, how'd you fancy a roommate in Georgia?" Skye giggled, never having felt happier in her living memory.

"About as much as I fancy YOU," Ian joked.

"I'm hoping that's a lot."

"Yeah, a hell of a lot."