117 - Real Life

Now that Skye knew she could possibly be pregnant it's all she thought about all day. Kat had promised that as soon as she had a filming break she'd rush out and get a test. Just waiting for her come back was almost hellish for the newlywed.

With a packed shooting schedule that day, Skye had to talk her way out of a couple of physical stunts. If she was pregnant she didn't want to put the baby at risk. She feigned a migraine and exhaustion in the hopes it would help her out until she knew for sure.

To say Skye was nervous was an understatement. She and Ian always spoke about having children one day, they just didn't think it would be now. Their lives were so crazy, they'd only been married a couple of months and after the accident Skye wasn't sure how her body would cope with it. What would Ian think? Would he be happy? Would he be ready?

Skye's nerves grew even higher when she spotted Kat on the other side of the set, beckoning her forward and secretively pointing to a small paper bag she had hidden under her cardigan.

"Kat what am I gonna do if I'm pregnant?" Skye paced as they locked themselves in the bathroom and got ready to do the test.

"Are you serious? Skye, you're happily married, you have a husband who is obsessed with you. What have you got to worry about?"

"Don't get me wrong. I've always dreamed of being a Mom, but what if it's too soon? What if my body isn't ready for something like that? What if Ian...."

"What if Ian what? He is going to be ecstatic. He loves you. All he's ever wanted is a family. The only thing you have to worry about with Ian is how crazily overprotective he'll get."

Both girls broke out into fits of giggles at that. Ian really would become a nightmare. Skye could already imagine it.

Deciding it was time to get it over and done with, Skye followed the instructions Kat gave her from the box and peed on the stick. Coming out of the stall, Skye placed the test on the counter and waited. This could turn out to be the most important moment of her life. Either that or it really was just that damn burrito.

"How long did it say it takes?" Skye asked whilst clutching on to one of Kat's hands as they both just stared down at the stick.

"3 minutes. Then either positive or negative will show up on the little screen."

"I don't think we have to wait that long," Skye spoke up suddenly, her hand covering her mouth as a word suddenly appeared on the digital screen on the test. It had only been 30 seconds.

"Oh my god," Kat burst, throwing her arms around her best friend and squealing happily.

"I'm pregnant. I'm actually pregnant. Holy fudge nuggets."

It took a while for Skye to actually process the news, and before she knew it Ian was looking for her so they could head home.

Kat had promised not to tell a soul, not even Candice. Ian had to be the next person to find out. Skye, just had to figure out exactly how she was going to do it.

"Princess, I'm gonna book you an appointment with the Doctor tomorrow. You've not been right the past few days. I just want to make sure everything's ok," Ian worried as they stepped through their front door and Skye became more anxious by the second.

Skye smiled, looking across the room at her husband, his eyes full of love and words full of care. What had she been nervous about? She was going to be a Mom. Ian was going to be a Dad. "It's nothing worry about baby. I promise."

"I'll always worry about you."

Later in the evening, Skye was still trying to work out how to tell Ian. Whilst he was in the kitchen making them some dinner, Skye called the Doctor and booked an appointment for the following morning. Now just came the task of telling the Daddy to be.

"Babe, the food smells incredible," Skye sniffed as she walked into the dining room, her work clothes now off and comfy pyjamas in place.

"It's nothing special, just salmon and some steamed vegetables."

"Yeah, but they're your salmon and steamed vegetables. That means they're amazing."

Sitting down side by side and slowly eating away at their food an idea suddenly popped into Skye's head as to how to tell Ian the news. She couldn't handle him not knowing any longer. It had to be now.

"Babe, hold your hand out to me," Skye asked, a small grin appearing on her face.

"Why?" Ian frowned, raising his hand and placing it in Skye's anyway.

"Just listen," Skye began, taking a vegetable off her plate and placing it on Ian's palm.

"Princess, why have you put a pea in my hand?" Ian questioned with a frown. What was she up to?

"It's so fragile. So tiny."

"Skye, it's a pea. Are you sure you're ok?"

"Will you let me finish Somerhalder?" Skye breathed, scared of losing her nerve if she was interrupted again.

"What are you getting at? What is so important about a pea?"

Ian laughed inwardly as he looked at his wife, her gaze transfixed by the little green sphere resting in his palm. Something was going on. He just couldn't fathom what the hell it could be.

"It's not the pea that's important. It's what it signifies."

"And what does the pea signify?"

Taking her focus off of the pea and looking right into her husbands eyes, Skye gripped onto his free hand tightly, stood up and then placed it on to her stomach. Here goes.

"It signifies how small our baby is right now."

Ian's world immediately froze. It took him a moment to realise exactly what Skye was saying. Replaying it in his head over and over again he looked from her face to her stomach. Was he hearing right? Was this really happening right now?

"You're pregnant?" He asked, jumping to his feet and placing his hands on either side of Skye's beaming and now tear streaked face.

"I'm pregnant baby. You're gonna be a Dad."