106 - Real Life

Wanting to pay homage to Ian's country roots and Skye's love of nature, the couple decided to go for an outdoor wedding. They described it as a cross between a Louisiana backyard barbecue and an indie music festival. It was low key, intimate and so beautiful.

It was taking place at Topanga Canyon in Santa Monica. The actual ceremony would be simple, white wicker chairs with flowers and fairy lights covering the whole area. The reception was going to be just a few steps away. A sit down dinner and then dance floor with live music giving it a real party feel. It was perfect. Perfect for them.

"Ian, I swear to god. If you walk up and down pacing one more time you'll get a punch in the face," Ian's brother Rob breathed out in exasperation as they waited for Skye to arrive at the wedding.

"Sorry.... I'm just really nervous. What if she says no? Or what if she ends up divorcing me?" Ian asked his older brother as he kept a look out for her, all of their friends and family now sat in place and ready.

"She already said yes to going out with you, moving in with you and to being your fiancée. I'm pretty sure she'll say yes to being your wife," Paul, who heard it all laughed, patting his best friend on the shoulder.

Taking another look up ahead Ian spotted Candice come around the corner in her pastel pink bridesmaids dress, a huge grin on her face and then a nod to the head signifying they were ready.

"Oh my god, she's here."

To say Skye was nervous about what she was about to do was an understatement. Her nerves weren't about marrying Ian, whether she was making the right decision or not. She couldn't wait to be his wife. Her nerves were practical. Would she make an idiot of herself? Would she face plant the floor or forget her vows?

As they made their way outside, Candice went up ahead to let everyone know they were ready and on their way.

Once she was back everyone took their places. The bridesmaids aside from Candice were Kat, Florence and Leighton Meester. Ian's sister Robyn was the maid of honour. Without a father of her own, Skye could think of nobody more perfect than Ian's Dad to give her away. She'd come to love him so much, he was the father figure she'd always dreamed of.

"I just... today is so special, I don't want to ruin it by tripping halfway down the aisle or anything," Skye worried aloud as they started walking towards the music and where the ceremony was taking place.

As they continued forward, Ian's Dad holding securely onto Skye's right arm, chief bridesmaid Robyn couldn't help but try to lighten the situation. "Don't worry, Skye. You will probably mess something up, but it'll be hilarious to watch," she said, being the ever-so-supportive future sister in law that she was.

"Hey, I didn't make you my maid of honour so you could make fun of me," Skye almost yelled, pretending to be annoyed, but secretly loving how it had calmed her down.

They walked through an arch made of hydrangeas, ferns and twinkly lights and finally it was time.

The wedding march began to sound out in the air, an instrumental ballad played beautifully by Michael Malarkey who sat off to one side of the congregation.

As Skye spotted Ian at the front she beamed with happiness. She'd dreamed of this moment her entire life, just like most girls do. That moment when you get to marry the Prince Charming from the Disney Movie. When even with so much going on, his eyes and his attention are solely focused on you. You're his centre, his reason, his everything.