90 - Real Life

Over the last few weeks it had been non stop for Ian and Skye. On top of work and meetings, they'd spent a lot of time working out what to do about their living situation. When Ian wasn't working on the show he was based out of L.A. Skye had always lived in New York. Yes, they spent most of their free time together anyway, but now they were engaged they wanted to make things a little more permanent.

The pair in the end came to the decision that their main home would be Ian's L.A house. Skye's New York apartment therefore becoming their home when they had to travel to the concrete jungle.
Skye was hesitant to leave her home at first, having spent her whole life in the big apple. There were a lot of job opportunities out in Los Angeles though, this tipping the scale in their decision making.
When she thought more about it she decided that she needed to grab the bull by his horns, take the opportunity and embrace her future, her future being her blue eyed, drop dead gorgeous fiancée.

"So how's the move going?" Skye's agent Michelle asked during a new Entertainment Weekly photo shoot Skye was doing.

"Nearly all done now," Skye grinned knowing that they were nearly all moved in. "We had a lot of my clothes and some furniture shipped over from New York last week. Ian's going to take some of his more cold weather friendly things when he goes there next month. That way there's stuff that belongs to both of us at each house."

"Sounds like you have it all sorted sweetie. I got to say I'm glad to have you back modelling for a while. It's been a long time."

"I know Chelle. The show just takes up so much of my time. I love it though. It's my priority now, it has to be. I hope you understand."

"Of course I understand. I wouldn't have flown out especially for this shoot if I didn't," Michelle smiled with sincerity, grasping Skye's hand in hers whilst she was in her make up chair.

"You really didn't need to you know. I could've coped fine today on my own. I thought you said you could still manage me from New York?"

"It's your first shoot back Skye. I wanted to be here."

Skye had been in front of the camera for nearly four hours and things seemed to be taking a lot longer than they were supposed to. Outfits had gone missing, lights weren't working. The photographer wanted to do the same shot over and over and over again. Great start, huh?

"Hey, does anyone know when we'll be finished? I was told we'd done by 5. It's past that now," Skye called out whilst the camera still flashed.

One of the reps from the magazine looked like he was going to blow a gasket. Not at Skye, but at everyone else that seemed to be taking so long.

Walking around the set and having heated discussions with various people milling about, it wasn't long before he came back with an answer. "I'm so sorry Miss Parker. We've just been held up with wardrobe. Would you be ok to stay for another couple of hours?"

Ever the people pleaser, Skye rolled her eyes, let out a sigh and gave in. "Ok, as long as it is only a couple of hours."

"Oh it will be. Our meticulous photographer here has a plane to catch at 10pm. We'll be out no later than 8."

"That's fine then. I just need to call and let my partner know I'm going to be home late."

Walking off the set Skye said goodbye to Michelle who had to fly back to New York. She wasn't counting on the shoot running over so much.

Grabbing her cell phone out of her handbag, Skye pulled up the first number in her speed dial and called Ian.

"Hey babe."

"Hi Princess. You on your way home?"

"Actually it's running over a bit. I just called to say I'm going to be home late."

"That's ok baby. Do you want me to come pick you up?" Awwww, wasn't he sweet?

"No it's ok. I took one of the cars with me this morning. I'll drive home. I can pick something up for myself to eat on the way."

"Don't be stupid. I'll cook so we can eat together. Do you know what time you'll be home?"

"It won't be any later than 8.30. The photographer has a flight to catch at 10."

"Ok, I'll do dinner for 9."

"You're the best, you know that?"

"I do try." Skye could just imagine him smirking into the phone as he said that.

"I love you Mr Somerhalder."

"I love you too, Mrs Somerhalder to be. Now get back to work."

"Yes, Sir."

As agreed, the EW shoot ended up finishing just after 8pm. Once Skye was back in her own clothes and free from make-up, she grabbed all of her things, jumped in the car and started to make her way home.

30 minutes into a journey that should have only taken 20 at that time of night, Skye started to get pretty frustrated. There was so much traffic. Yeah, it was a Friday night and everybody was heading out to party, but didn't people understand that there were others like her who just wanted to get home?

"Oh, for gods sake," Skye breathed out in annoyance when she hit what felt like the 100th red light.

Turning up her radio so she could try and get herself in a better mood, she settled on a bit of 90's pop.

Vintage Christina came to an end and Backstreet Boys began. A huge grin came to Skye's face when the first chords of Quit Playing Games came through the speaker. It was one of her faves.

Adjusting herself in her seat and clearing her throat so she could sing along, she took note of the light changing to green before she started.

Singing along and pulling away from the lights, Skye was finally back in a good mood. She was on her way home to her amazing fiancée, she had her dream job and she was listening to first class music. Nothing could take the smile off of her face.

Turning a corner that would normally be no trouble, Skye was suddenly blinded by two bright yellow lights straight in front of her. They were headlights, headlights to a speeding car. The driver was travelling down the wrong side of the road and was getting closer by the second, closer to Skye.

It all happened so fast that Skye had no time to react. By the time she realised what was happening it was too late. Tires screeched, metal scraped, Skye's neck snapped back with the force. And then, with a flash of light and a blinding pain, everything stopped. Went silent. Went black.