86 - Real Life

".....ACTION."

"Holly, open the door?" Damon shouted from the outside of her house, his consistent banging putting the brunette on edge.

The heartbroken girl struggled to hold in her tears at the sound of the oldest Salvatore. Kai had just merged with her little brother Luke. It was meant to be with Jo, at least she would have stood a chance.
Luke's last act was sacrificing himself to save her sister. Holly knew, as soon as she and Jo turned up and saw them in their struggle for power what had happened. What Luke had done.
Once it was over and for a while they both just laid unconscious. Kai was alone, as he deserved. Luke on the other hand was cradled in Holly's arms, Jo trying every possible way to help him, bring him back.
With one final release of breath from their youngest sibling before he went completely limp, Holly and Jo knew the result of the merge. The merge which should never have happened. Luke was dead. Kai had won. Now there would be no stopping him.

Since they'd been back in the land of the present and the living everything had changed. Bonnie was still trapped in the prison world which had Holly and Damon wracked with guilt every day. Kai was on his rampage. Luke had just been killed and to top it all off she was also having to deal with the stomach churning emotional roller coaster that was her and Damon. Were they friends? Were they more than that? Was Damon's affection towards her just his way of biding his time whilst his girlfriend decided whether she wanted to remember him again?

"Go away Damon," Holly croaked from her curled up position on the couch.

"Please just let me in. Why can't I open the door?"

"I got Jo to spell it so only I can open it. Now just leave me alone."

"I don't think so. Not until I know you're ok. Ric told me what happened with Luke," Damon revealed with a sigh from the other side of the door.

"I don't want to talk about it."

Damon didn't know what to do. He could only imagine how Holly was feeling. He'd seen how badly she was dealing with the Bonnie situation, how Kai was back and doing god knows what. Now this? It was just a matter of time before she fell over the edge and he'd be damned if he would let that happen to her.

"That's ok. I'll just wait on the porch until you are ready," Damon grinned, knowing she'd crack eventually.

"FINE," Holly shouted between sobs.

"FINE."

".......and CUT!!!"

Check the gate?" Paul, who was directing this episode yelled out when they got to the end of the scene.

"So Paulie, what did you think?" Skye asked with a grin, grabbing a bottle of water from the catering table whilst the crew adjusted the lighting in the set for the next take.

"It was perfect, just how we practiced."

"Good," the brunette smiled, already eager to move on to what they were going to film next.

"So you ready for the next scene Princess? It's a big one?" Ian asked with his famous grin, walking over to join them and throwing his arm around Skye once he reached her.

"I can't wait. I just hope we've rehearsed enough," she giggled with a wink.

"Oh baby, I don't think we have to worry about that."

Before long the crew and set were in place. Skye had her hair and make-up messed up a bit more to make it look like she'd had a restless night and then they were ready to go.