144 - Real Life

Skye never knew being pregnant could be so tiring. Up until now she'd been handling it all pretty well. It was like the exhaustion had all of a sudden hit her out of nowhere.

Ian had been amazing. He put the whole nursery together whilst she just sat in a chair telling him what to do. He'd done all of the shopping, lifting and plan making. Today's baby shower was the first time where Skye had to actually put in any physical effort. Now entering the last month of her pregnancy and three hours in to the festivities Skye was definitely starting to feel it.

"Is my Princess tired?" Ian asked, spotting Skye laid out on the garden bench as people celebrated around her.

"We both are," she smiled whilst rubbing her belly, sitting up gingerly so Ian could take a seat at her side.

"Well you can't fall asleep baby. Everyone's still got to sing and we've not opened any of the presents yet."

"I know. Just get me something sugary and I'll be the life and soul of the party again," the expectant Mom grinned, leaning over and placing her lips lovingly upon her husbands.

"Your wish is my command my Lady," he joked.

"Why thank you kind Sir."

Ian and Skye opened so many presents, the couple glad their home was big enough to store them all. They received a diaper genie, pacifiers, clothes and stuffed animals from friends, coworkers and family. Kat got Skye a breast pump, making her laugh. Jimmy and wife Nancy got them a stroller and Justin and Jess got them one of a kind mobile for the crib. One of a kind in the fact it played a soft, instrumental version of Skye and Ian's wedding song, 'This I Promise You'. Justin was making sure he had as much input as possible. Ian's parents and siblings grouped together, deciding to go all out and get them a bassinet with blankets and onesies that Ian's Mom had knitted. By the end of opening what she thought was all of the presents, Skye was in floods of tears. It was only going to get worse with the next one.

Reaching behind the porch swing where the present opening was centred, Ian pulled out a baby pink box and handed it enthusiastically to his wife.

"Babe, what's this? Skye asked as she removed the bow and slowly opened the package.

"Just open it."

Enclosed inside the box and wrapped in a layer of organza sat a large photo album. It looked like Stefan Salvatore's journal, except it was pink, floral and had flourished lettering engraved on the cover.

"The Baby Diaries?" Skye read with a giggle, the pads of her fingers running over the embossed letters as she held it up so everybody could see.

Once everyone's laughter had died down, Skye opened the album and discovered there was already photos inside. There were all of her ultrasounds, complete with handwritten captions by Ian, dates and progress of the baby included. The book had fill-in pages where she could record all of the baby's important milestones, her first crawl, first steps and first words. Thinking of all the precious moments they were going to share Skye began to fill with tears once again, their friends and family awwwing at the sight.

Looking up to Ian through blurry eyes, Skye couldn't help but throw herself into his arms, then hugging him tight and placing a salty kiss on his smiling lips.

"This is the best present ever," she grinned, looking over the album once again before passing it over to Candice so everyone could get a look.

"I'm glad you like it Princess."

"Like it? I love it."

As the shower was reaching its end, the sun setting and fairy lights twinkling around them, everybody began to pair up and dance, the singers in attendance taking it in turns to go up on the makeshift stage and sing for them.

First up was Sam and Florence, the pair dueting on a cover of Stevie Wonders 'Isn't She Lovely'. Next up, Justin who did a medley of his own songs and requests from the party goers. Last but by no means least was Adam Levine and the rest of Maroon 5.

"Before our first song I just want to say a huge congratulations to you both," Adam began, a huge grin on his face as he looked down from the stage at the happy parents to be. "I've not known you as a pair for long, but you've welcomed me as a friend with open arms. You are a wonderful couple, and are going to make the most amazing parents. I can only hope that our little ones grow up to be the best of friends.

Adam sang with the band for over half an hour, everyone there in awe of his silk like voice.

"Maroon 5 everybody," Skye gestured, pulling all of the guys into a group hug as everyone cheered.

"You're welcome," Adam smirked, giving a sideward glance towards a certain chat show host as he said it.

"Hey? That's my line," Jimmy flustered, launching himself towards the cheeky L.A native, before Justin and Paul pulled him back.

"Says who? You got copyright or something?" Adam laughed, loving the fact that he'd pushed someone's buttons that much.

"I may as well have. Only I get to say that. Especially when Ian and Skye are involved."

As the seconds ticked by and Jimmy overplayed his anger, the crowd were trying to work out if this was all a bit of fun, or if Jimmy really was that angry.

The truth was revealed when out of nowhere he and Adam burst out into laughter, everyone else soon following. The whole party was in hysterics, Jimmy's reaction being the main cause. Even Skye and Ian were creasing at the seams, Skye literally weeing herself she was laughing so hard.

Wait? That wasn't wee....

"Ian?" Skye suddenly burst out, grabbing onto her husbands arm as the laughter continued around them and she began to panic.

"What Princess?" He asked, a confused frown taking over his face as he realised how worried she looked all of a sudden.

"I think my water just broke?"