98 - Article

BREAKING NEWS
Skye Parker out of hospital

Great news everybody. It appears that Skye is well enough to go home.

Reports started to trickle through earlier this morning noting that Skye Parker was being discharged from UCLA Medical Centre. The model and actress who is engaged to Vampire Diaries co star Ian Somerhalder has been receiving specialist treatment there following a serious car crash almost 3 weeks ago.

The reports although officially unconfirmed have turned out to be true. These pictures taken only an hour or so ago show Ian, Skye and Skye's long time agent Michelle James stopping off at a local eatery close to their home near Venice Beach.

Skye was wearing a large hat and glasses, more than likely shielding her bruised face which she has mentioned previously on Instagram. She was also covering her right hand with her sleeve, this action hiding her cast and broken wrist. The starlet has been very vocal in her concern at fans worrying too much about her. With head down and holding onto Ian securely by the arm the trio walked out of the gourmet burger bar and back towards their car.

Once at their awaiting vehicle it was said by passers by that Ian was getting very frustrated by the amount of photographers circling them

Once at their awaiting vehicle it was said by passers by that Ian was getting very frustrated by the amount of photographers circling them. Very protective of his fiancée he was heard saying "Why can't you just leave us the hell alone? She's just come out of the hospital. Have some respect and give us some space."

This kind of outburst from the TVD leading man is very out of character. With the horrible things he's been through in the last few weeks, coupled with trying to keep his partner out of harms way, we can hardly blame him.

Following Ian's altercation with the paparazzi, Skye mirroring his protective behaviour pulled him into a secure hug, Michelle joining once they'd reached their vehicle.

Ian appeared to calm down almost instantly, his famous grin returning to his face as he helped his fiancée into the front passenger seat before driving away

Now we know that Skye is safe and well we can all rest easy. From today's display it looks like Ian is taking great care of her.

Let's hope that Skye makes a quick recovery and that the couple both get back to being their normal selves soon.