38 - Real Life

"Oh my god. I can't believe I'm on the set of The Vampire Diaries right now. This is crazy," Skye clapped excitedly as she was hidden in one of the dressing rooms by Kat and Candice.

"If you're like this now, what were you like when you kissed Ian for the first time?" Kat broke out into laughter. They both loved Skye already. The hour long drive back from the airport had confirmed why Ian had fallen for her so hard.

"Was it like, I just snogged Damon Salvatore. Oh bite me. Please bite me?" Candice added, earning a giggle from Kat and a scowl from Skye.

"I'm going to have to rethink this new friendship group if you're both going to make fun of me."

"Awwww, they're not making fun. They're just overexcited that you're here," a new voice added, coming into the room after making sure the coast was clear.

Skye beamed when Paul came into their little hideout. Technically they hadn't physically met before, but over the past few months had spoken both on the phone and during Ian's many video calls. It was like they were old friends. It was like that with all of them in fact. Skye felt like she knew them all already.

"Hey Paulie," Skye grinned pulling him into a tight hug.

"What did you just call me?"

"Paulie. Don't you like it? I thought it could be your nickname," Skye pouted.

"Do I have a choice?" Paul sighed.

"Nope."

Later on that day Skye and the girls were bouncing off the walls, Nina, Michael and Steven joining the little huddle soon after.

Knowing that Ian wasn't far away was driving the model crazy. She wanted to see him. She wanted to see him so bad. That coupled with the fact that she was on the set of her favourite show was making her go nuts.

"Can't we bring the party forward a couple of hours?"

"We can't sweetie. Ian's filming with Trevino and Zach at the Grill. Once that's done we'll finish up for the day," Julie Plec promised after coming to introduce herself to the girl that Ian never stopped talking about.

"Ok. Sounds good. Can't I sneak a look. There has to be a way I can watch where he won't see me?"

"No way. It's too risky. I've put too much effort into this being perfect. It's not happening." Wow, calm down Candice, the group thought.

"She could always watch it from the camera room whilst we finish setting up?" Nina put forward. Julie agreed quickly and Candice was not adverse to the idea. They just had to make sure the coast was clear of a certain someone first.

Skye couldn't believe how nice and welcoming Nina had been. She knew her history with Ian and Nina could have very easily been a bitch to her. She wasn't though, she was so nice. There was none of that jealous ex girlfriend vibe anywhere. Skye couldn't have been happier.

Once it was decided what was going to happen, the boys took it upon themselves to get Skye to the camera ops room without Ian seeing her. The girls were going to help the crew put the finishing touches to the party.

On the journey across the various sets to the other side of the lot, Skye kept getting distracted by various rooms and props that she recognised. She was having a complete fan meltdown. Good thing it hadn't registered that the two people dragging her around were Stefan and Enzo. Then she would have totally fallen apart.