151 - Email

Subject: Decision Confirmed

From: Julie Plec

To: Cast (Group), Production (Group)

Date: 20/06/2016 13:17pm

--------------------------------

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to send a quick email to confirm what we've all been expecting.

Further to our discussions and mutual decision, I have taken our thoughts and wishes to the network executives. After many meetings, script revisions, and talks they have agreed.

I can confirm that the next season (8) of our beloved show The Vampire Diaries will be our last.

This was never a decision I wanted to make for you. It was important that we all agreed this was the right course.

As much as we will miss the characters and stories we have brought to life, I know as much as you that now is the right time. Let's go out on a high. Go out showing everyone why we are the award winning show that we are.

When all of it is over, don't leave TVD behind. Take it with you, carry it in your hearts. It got ALL of us where we are today.

I love you all, and am so proud to call you my friends and more importantly my family.

Let's cross this finish line together and say farewell to Mystic Falls in the way it deserves.

All my love,

Julie.

P.S
The news will be confirmed during our panel at Comic Con in a couple of weeks. Please refrain from any mention of it outside this group. The fans deserve to hear it from us properly.