167 - Real Life

"Right, so today we're filming Holly's dream sequences," Julie told the cast as they gathered on the boarding house set, baby Brooke currently fast asleep in Ian's arms.

The place Season 8 was heading was pretty dark so far. Damon was still under control, his mind broken to Sybil's will. Tyler was dead, Bonnie was on the run and Stefan was just trying to hold everyone together. Holly was just as bad, if not worse. She was slowly going crazy, unhinged. The loss of Damon and everything else going on around her was beginning to take a toll.

Julie thought a good way to show the inner turmoil Holly was going through would be a series of dream sequences. Images of what Holly upmost desired. Her and Damon together, leading a normal human life.

It had proven the perfect time to get baby Brooke involved. Ian and Skye weren't sure at first, uneasy about putting their daughter in front of the camera when she was too young to make that decision for herself.
After a lot of convincing from their cast-mates and crew, the couple finally gave the go ahead, deciding that having her play their daughter in the show was a great tribute to how far they'd come. What an incredible thing to look back on.

"Paul, can you take Brooke whilst we film the first scene?" Ian asked, carefully handing the sleeping baby over as Paul eagerly opened his arms.

"No worries. I'll go take her outside for some fresh air," he grinned, placing the baby against his chest as he rocked her back and forth.

"Ok. Ian? Skye? Places please."

"ACTION....."

Damon speeded down the windy back road that would soon lead him home, his brow furrowed in determination. He had been at the Grill with Ric having a quick drink, when he received a text from Holly.

'Come home, now!' was all it read. Immediately thinking the worst, Damon ran out of the bar, leaving his best friend behind, confused and with no explanation.

When he finally pulled up in front of the house, not even bothering to pull into the garage, he slammed on the car brakes, Damon's heart fearfully hitting against his ribcage as he made his way inside.

"HOLLY!" He yelled.

"In here," Holly responded from the living room.

Damon quickly followed her voice down the hall until he spotted her, laying down in the middle of the couch in nothing but a pair of yoga pants and a sports bra.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you hurt? I-Is the baby coming? Wait, the baby can't be coming, it's too early-" Damon rambled before Holly cut him off with a laugh.

"Damon, honey, I'm fine!"

Taking a dramatic deep breath, Damon took a seat on the coffee table and placed a hand over his racing heart.

"Are you trying to kill me? Baby, I'm too old for this. I nearly had a heart attack when you sent me that text. I thought something was wrong!"

"Sorry, Day, I didn't mean to scare you. But I wanted to show you something," Holly explained excitedly.

Damon couldn't find it in himself to be annoyed after that. Holly looked too damn cute for him to be mad at her.
"Show me what?" He asked, scooting closer to Holly and lacing his left hand with her own.