160 - Real Life

"ACTION......"

Bonnie, Stefan and Holly were making their way through the woods on the border of Mystic Falls.

It had been months since Damon and Enzo went missing from the Armoury Vault, and even the strongest amongst the three was beginning to lose hope.

"Look, I know it's not much but it's a lead," Stefan began after their latest search. "There was all the missing people on the trail, and this is the first time a body has served us."

"It probably has nothing to do with what we're looking for though," the lack of enthusiasm in Bonnie's voice almost tangible.

Holly, who was lagging behind the two, was putting on a brave face, holding herself together with fake smiles, and empty promises of a happy future.
In truth, she had no idea what they'd find when they finally discovered the whereabouts of Enzo and Damon. She could only hope and pray that whoever or whatever led to their lengthy disappearance didn't have too tight a hold on them. She didn't know how long she could keep fighting without the eldest Salvatore at her side.

"I can't let myself think like that Bonnie. We have to treat every single clue like its the one that going to lead us to them," Stefan almost shouted, passion and determination clear and thick in his words.

"Every time I do this I let myself hope a little," Bonnie whispered, a frustrated sigh escaping her lips. "Then when we end up back at zero, my heart crushes itself a little bit more."

Coming to a stop between her two close friends, the three of them having been affected the most by this, Holly took it upon herself to try and be the voice of reason, the voice to remind Bonnie why and who they were doing this for.

"We all feel the same Bonnie, we all want them back."

"I don't know how much more heart I have left though, you know?"

"Bonnie, no one, not Caroline, not Elena, nobody knows how to fight as long and as hard as you. If you give up I won't have anything left to hold on to," Stefan worried, Holly just as fearful as him. Bonnie, was the glue that held it all together. She was the one that always had the answer, or a way out. If she lost it, they'd have no hope. Right now, Bonnie was the only person Holly could cling on to, put her faith in. If she lost Bonnie, it wouldn't be long until she followed.

"Do you realise where we are right now Bon? What part of the woods we're in?" Holly asked with a tear in her eye, the memories hard to think over, but important nonetheless.

"Where?"

"When we were trapped in the prison world, this is the exact spot where I told you I wasn't coming back with you, that I was sacrificing my freedom to stop Kai getting out. Remember?"

"I remember," Bonnie nodded, neither her nor Stefan entirely sure where Holly was going with this.

"That was the moment Damon freaked out, refused to leave without me. Said that I was important and that I didn't deserve what happened. He started fighting for me that day Bon, and he hasn't stopped since."

Holly had to take a breath before talking again, her emotions on the brink of explosion, "You and Damon saved me. You gave me a life again Bonnie. Now I have to fight for him, I have to have faith that I'll get him back somehow. I have to fight for him just as hard as he has always fought for me."

"Holly's right Bon. Think of all the times Damon and Enzo have fought for you, and fight back ten times harder, ten times better. We owe them."

Bonnie knew what they were trying to say, what they were attempting to achieve. Stefan had lost his brother, Holly had lost her boyfriend, but she couldn't help feeling that she'd lost the most. She'd not only lost her best friend but her soulmate as well.

"Of course we do. Just don't expect me to have hope. Hope hurts. I don't want to hurt anymore."

"CUT......"

"So what's Ian up to whilst we're filming in the wilderness," Paul asked Skye as they reset for another take, the pair along with Kat putting on big, thick coats to protect them from the bitter cold.

"He's on Brooke duty," she smiled with a love felt grin, just the thought of Ian doting on their baby girl all day causing her heart to burst.

"Is it the first time he's looked after her on his own?" Kat wondered, as they stepped into their nice, warm
trailer.

"Yeah. I mean he's had her for an hour or so, but this is the first time it's been all day. I'm missing her like crazy. I've never been away from her this long."

"We've been here for three hours Skye," Paul laughed out loud causing Skye's eyes to roll.

"I know, right? She's got me seriously whipped."