33 - Real life

In the week or so that Skye had been in L.A she hadn't stopped. She'd gone to Sam's gig and hung out with him, done an interview and cover shoot for people magazine. She met with Maroon 5 and their label about appearing in one of their music videos in a few months, had a couple of acting auditions as well. She even went to the Timberlake's for thanksgiving dinner. That was surreal.

On one of her rare afternoons off she managed to get hold of her agency and Vogue at the same time for a video call. She wanted to move the London photo shoot back a week. If she could then it meant she could make it to Georgia for Ian's birthday.

"I know it's very last minute, but it would mean so much to me if we could make this work," Skye practically begged, her agent Michelle on one line and a Vogue editor on the other.

"I have spoken to some more people at the magazine and we can move the dates around," the editor revealed much to Skye's excitement.

"Thank you so m...."

"There is one thing though."

"What's that?" Michelle, Skye's agent asked cautiously.

"The only free time to do it is the week leading up to Christmas."

Skye exhaled in frustration. She knew it was too good to be true.

"It's entirely up to you Skye," Michelle said, putting the ball in her court.

"As long as I have time to fly out to Louisiana for Christmas Day that should be fine."

"We'll make sure of it."

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate it."

Later that day, and after all of the dates had been confirmed Skye didn't hesitate in getting in contact with Candice, letting her know the good news. Skye couldn't wait to see the look on Ian's face when she turned up. As far as he knew she was in London on his birthday. He had no idea.

"Hey Princess," Ian said down the phone one evening when Skye was settled in at her hotel.

"Hi babe. What you doin?"

"Just got to set for the day. How about you?"

"Settling in to bed. This time difference is crazy. I miss not being able to talk to you as much," Skye vented, getting cosy under the sheets and listening to the smooth voice of the person she cared most about.

"I know beautiful. You'll be back in New York in a couple of days and then there'll be no difference. We can talk and video chat as much as we want."

"Sounds good to me."

"And it's only a month now until Christmas. Not long until I'll have you standing right in front of me." You have no idea, Skye thought.

"That's sounds so far away."

"It'll come soon enough sweetheart," Ian smiled into his cell.

"I hope so."

"I better let you get some sleep. I'll call you in the morning ok?"

"What you mean, when you're going to bed?" Skye giggled, earning a laugh back from her boyfriend.

"Exactly. Good night baby."

"Have a good day handsome."