75 - Real Life

"........and ACTION."

Bonnie, Damon and Holly were walking through the woods, stopping directly underneath the future location of the eclipse that would take them home. It would be in perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation which was the key to getting the ascendant to work.

"This time tomorrow we'll be back in Mystic Fall's present day. 1994 is starting to get seriously old," Damon said with a smirk, swinging an axe in hand as Bonnie tried to work out what to do next.

Holly couldn't believe what she was hearing. He had no idea. "You've been here for 6 months and you're tired of it? Try 20 years Damon. I've been frozen on the same day in 1994 for 20 years. You're unbelievable."

"Well not for long Hol. You'll be back in the land of the living before you can say boombox," Damon smiled.

"About that..." Holly voiced reluctantly, before being interrupted by the young Bennett witch.

"About what?"

"I'm not coming with you."

"WHAT?" Damon bellowed, moving in front of Holly so their chests were almost touching.

"I've thought about it. It's not worth the risk."

Damon couldn't help but grit his teeth. Did she seriously think he was just going to leave her there?

"What risk?" Bonnie wondered, interrupting the sudden tension between the two.

"I've told you. When the coven sentenced Kai to come here he linked himself to me. I was the little sister, the one who everyone loved. He hated that. To get back at them, he linked us. Anything that happened to him would happen to me. When he was transported here I got taken along for the ride."

"What's that got to do with you coming back with us? Holly you shouldn't have been here in the first place." Damon was not happy, not happy at all.

"What's to say we're not still linked Damon? You've got this amazing plan to get out and leave Kai behind, leave him trapped. What if when I go back I drag him with me? He'll go after my sister, siphon her magic and kill anyone who gets in his way."

"Holly, listen?" Damon breathed with a loud sigh, reaching out his hands and placing them on her shoulders.

"No Damon, you listen? I can't let Kai out into the real world. Too many innocent people would be at risk. It's not worth it. Me getting out is not worth it."

To say Damon and Bonnie were shocked by Holly's decision was an understatement. If they were honest they hadn't really thought about the possible link between the Parker siblings.

Since arriving in the other world the two friends had grown extremely close to Holly. Bonnie saw her as someone she could open up to, someone who herself just needed a friend. Damon saw her slightly differently. Throughout his long existence he'd made many mistakes, hurt everyone he loves at some point or another. When he met Holly they immediately clicked, her sarcastic sense of humour mirroring his perfectly. Quickly she became someone he deeply cared for. She was his chance to prove that he could protect and look after someone without completely messing up.

"You're worth it to me," Damon almost whispered, his eyes burning into Holly's as she stood frozen in his gaze. Why did he have to be so perfect?

"........and CUT."

After Leslie the director had checked the gate and confirmed the take, the cast were quick to disperse. Ian pulled Skye into his arms, a proud and love felt grin on his face.

The scene they'd just filmed was the first where feelings between Damon and Holly were hinted at. The couple had been nervous all day, worried that their real life chemistry wouldn't resonate on screen. The fact they'd got it in one take meant they had nothing to worry about.

"The fans are going to lap this up when it airs," Skye giggled, pulling out of Ian's arms just long enough to put on a crew parka. It was freezing in those woods.

"No doubt. Just wait until we start making out."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Maybe we should practice? We want it to be believable don't we?" Skye joked, wrapping herself up in her boyfriends arms.

"I don't think we have to worry about it being believable Princess."